bootmii menu doesn't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kosiko, May 31, 2009.

May 31, 2009

bootmii menu doesn't work by kosiko at 10:17 PM (1,428 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. kosiko
    OP

Newcomer kosiko Member

Canada
    Hi guys,

I installed bootmii/hbc/dvdx with hackmii installer beta2 on my LU38 3.4U. I can only tell HBC 1.03 is working good. I got 2 issues:

1. I can go to bootmii menu from HBC by press the HOME button, how ever, on the bootmii menu, I can't control the cursor by the wiimote (known issue as I know). People saying the solution will be use GAMECUBE controller or POWER/RESET/EJECT button on the console. I have no GAMECUBE Controller, tried couple times with the POWER/RESET/EJECT button, no luck, any idea?

2. I choosed install DVDX when I run the hackmii installer with bannerbomb, it reported installed successful. However, I didn't see any menu about DVDX from either system menu nor HBC. Is this normal? or how can verify if I have DVDX installed properly. As I heard when I update to 4.0U firmware, I have no way to install DVDX any more.

Thank you
    K.

2. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    buttons on the wii do not work if you installed bootmii as an IOS

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    And you can't really check whether DVDX has been installed in any other way than just using it. Use something like Mplayer to play a DVD or an emulator to run roms from a disc. If it works, DVDX is installed.

4. kosiko
    OP

Newcomer kosiko Member

Canada
  5. Nathan-NL

Member Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Try to borrow a controller from a friend or someone else related.
    You could also choose to wait for a new version of BootMii, but I think it could take some time until the new version will get released [​IMG]