India
This is BULL. Nough said.
rolleyes.gif

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this is real i don't really care because i'm not really that much of a pirate.all i really do with my wii is play emulators like nes,snes,sega,ect and watch movies.so i'm sure these emulators will still work. only time will tell if this is real or fake.

TheNewMouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
whether its true, fake, misconstrued it doesn't matter

BootMii and the efforts of the Twiizers team, is going to be the move away from piracy to a true multimedia experience that this Scene needs.

Having full control over the console's hardware means it could potentially give birth to a fully fledged Linux distro, i hear its already on the cards. (XBMC eat your heart out.)

if you stupid fuckin pirates could just stop bitching over your precious USB Loading and such maybe we would get someone amazing..

think what you want about me and my views (seriously to many SoftMii fanboys on this site.)

rant over

MightyMouse

dogeggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously? a full fledged linux distro? on a fucking wii? wake up call - wii is for women and children to play games on. Thats it.

TheNewMouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dude its got a pretty decent ATI graphics chip, a CPU of apparently around 733Mhz and would be easily capable of running even a stock linux like Xubuntu let alone a custom built distro, ram is a issue but still workable.

i think you will find that someone on wiidev is working on a linux distro and already has a X running and a window manager so i dont see how you can say its not capable of such things.

ofcourse Wi-fi is the outstanding issue.

minwii

Trophies
XP
Country
Obviously I'm against piracy, but I don't think tapping up wiidev folks to include anti pirate code in their hacks is the way to go about fighting warez. The way to get rid of piracy is to only release "party" games that feature crap versions of board games or sports with complex simulated controls that barely make sense - then there's no games worth pirating, so the homebrew devs can concentrate on making Linux work.

smile.gif

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's absurd. I have a friend who uses ISO Loader because his disk drive broke, and he has legitamite games on there- that'd screw him over pretty well, wouldn't it?

Could you perhaps install BootMii, THEN patch the IOS'?

Hopefully this is just fake.

dogeggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The graphics chip sucks. The wiis hardware sucks, the only thing that makes it good is the funky controllers and some of the games are really good fun. The wii does not need a linux distro or a multimedia experience beyond the capabilities of its hardware. Getting on your high horse with your anti-piracy crap is ridiculous, it's like you look down your nose at people that hack their wiis to play copy games as if somehow you are better than them? Like i said before its a toy ffs, a toy that is mainly used by women and children, I think somewhere along the way you forgot that.

TheNewMouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you talk about its a crap console....

do none of you have the intelligence to step back..put down the Wii Remote.

and realise that crap games is a side effect result.

why would a developer spend money on developing huge titles for a platform thats rife with piracy?
when they know 90% of users will just download the damn thing.

i dont know 1 person..and i mean 1 person in real life who's wii is not either modchipped or softmodded.
and this includes normal average, everyday people.

any developer with abit of common would choose a console like the PS3, not for its power but because its not hacked and they know users will have to buy the game.

this isnt a fuckin conspiracy theory or whatever the hell you wanna call it, if just simple facts.

IOS37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is true will I be able to play illegal Atari 2600 games?!??!
BootMii can also make toast.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we know why BootMii is taking so long to come out. It kills pirates so the FBI is collaborating with TT so they can finally end the Somalian reign of terror in the Indian Ocean!!1!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheNewMouse said:
you talk about its a crap console....

do none of you have the intelligence to step back..put down the Wii Remote.

and realise that crap games is a side effect result.

why would a developer spend money on developing huge titles for a platform thats rife with piracy?
when they know 90% of users will just download the damn thing.

i dont know 1 person..and i mean 1 person in real life who's wii is not either modchipped or softmodded.
and this includes normal average, everyday people.

any developer with abit of common would choose a console like the PS3, not for its power but because its not hacked and they know users will have to buy the game.

this isnt a fuckin conspiracy theory or whatever the hell you wanna call it, if just simple facts.

Saying 90% of people have modded wii's is pretty ridiculous, but maybe understandable from someone believing this should/would happen. The crap doesn't really come from piracy as much as the wii user base being so ridiculously widespread that there actually is a big market for said crap because everyone that has a wii isn't a hardcore gamer. The crap is just a testament to the system doing well overall because developers just want quick and easy cash in's because there's so many casual gamers that will buy Imagine Babiez. And your real life anecdote is a pretty useless statistic considering there's at least a million new people getting Wii's every month.

Besides there's still plenty of awesome getting released for the wii like Madworld and EXCITEbots(buy this, you will understand after you make a SUPER SANDWICH). Every game released on the system doesn't have to be ZOMG BEST GAEM EVUR.

Anyways this whole topic is pretty much a joke thread now

netware

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol this is as stupid as it gets.. and for those of you who actually believed it.. C'MON!!.. retardeeeeed .. haha

that webpage is just like... tabloids of the wii scene...

what's next... paparazzi's of wii scene...

i can just imagine it now..

"we got this anonymous picture of 2 wii'lebrities out and about on a date... none other than waninkoko and Marcan!!.. wow.. "

------------------------

stop posting such obviously stupid things here... seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hands nipples pees and camel toes?