Not open for further replies.

TheNewMouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think it will brick you at all.

but i do believe that if you have cIOS installed it will probably remove them in install or some shit.

which could be fatal if you have CORP installed and it starts uninstalling every damn IOS you have lol

Chrnosclock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole blog, which was linked here, is full of bullshit.
Firmware 4.1, project trustdev... I mean, come on, wakinkoko was a NoE member and in the System Menu UI concept and research team... yeah. The Wii System menu was developed in Germany... not Japan... uhm, yes.

BenJeremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people taking an obvious joke site so seriously?

Geez.

Anybody who believes that site is anything but some sort of stupid parody is an idiot.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
a few things.

I read the other articles on that page. Majority of them seem quite fake, so I'll take this worth a grain of salt.

If it were true, well, no point in me using BOOTmii, but again, seems very fake to me, especially if you take a glance at the rest of that site.

It seems very anti piracy in general.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What a load of bull. Even Marcan wouldn't agree with this shit. I believe TT's stance all along has been "We don't agree with your stance, we count you as being thieves, do what you want but don't expect any help from us", NOT "We think you're thieves so we will brick your Wii"

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is ****mii so important we have preloader.that dose the same thing only ****mii gets it done faster as far as piarcy
i sar Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wheres me joly roger

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
TheNewMouse said:
its not stupid as you will see in the top post bushing himself just linked and commented to the website in another thread.

this shit is real.

i personally think its a good thing.

omg... you were not joking, you are REALLY that stupid
this is why I love this place
biggrin.gif

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even as an Atari the Wii would still have more games than the Ps3.

HARRR HARRR HARR HARRRRR

I own both consoles, relax folks.

LyleKami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
The exploit will have code in it that will detect disc launchers and will brick the Wii with an ominous "erasing" message if any are found. It will also uninstall CIOS249 and CIOS222, which are used by said launchers.

This is bullshit. How could you possibly have cIOS249 or cIOS222 if you were just installing an update to install the Homebrew Channel?

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it´s unbelievable how stupid some of you are.
the whole blog is just a big joke to make a total fool out of exactly YOU!
and bushing knows how naive you are and adds fuel to the fire by posting a comment like U ALL SUKC AND EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS TRU http://wiiscenewatch.blogspot.com/.
i mean come on, even the spelling is a broad hint that this is fake. so that even the greatest dumbass gets it.
please just turn on your brain one time before you post such stupid shit.
threads like this give gbatemp such a bad reputition on other sites.
hate2.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
goku1980 said:
why is ****mii so important we have preloader.that dose the same thing only ****mii gets it done faster as far as piarcy
i sar Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wheres me joly roger

Preloader doesn't do the same thing though, and BootMii will help you recover from the sort of bricks preloader can't, as well as been able to NOT use IOS, admittedly no use to pirates except for maybe being able to get round Nintys attempts to block us out of writing to NAND easier (if you have a key dump), but really cool for anything else.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... Bushing and the others waited for almost a year... perfecting the software so it doesn't brick any wiis... and they are going to release it with a means of bricking a lot of wiis... Yeah that's not going to happen.

Sometimes you have to think about a story before posting it... especially from such an untrusty source.

goku: You obviously have no understanding on the difference between bootmii and preloader... Maybe you should actually read up about it ... http://hackmii.com/2009/02/bootmii-and-the-new-boot1/

Bootmii isn't a replacement for preloader as they don't quite do the same thing... That said, of the two bootmii offers much better protection against bricking because that's what it's designed for. Preloader was never designed to be brick protection, it just happened to have that nice side effect
happy.gif

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adr990 said:
That is Nintendo's job... Not Team Twiizers job..

Nintendo had to release a good console their self...
I love the Wii, but really. The textures and protection I see are really bad...
But that is also why the Wii self is cheap.

And say, Nintendo does deliver good service. And FREE WiFi... not fake thing like you HAVE to pay for WiFi on Xbox since they are doing so "much" for you...

Screw Xbox live... It is the same as on Mario Kart Wii etc but Wii is free!

Really? You really think xbox live is the same as what you get from mariokart? This kind of statement makes me think that you have never even played xbox live. PSN is STILL far behind xbox live in terms of features and communication. Besides, how much is $50 divided by 12? It comes out to about $4 a month, which is less than it would cost you to use you cell phone to talk to you friends in order to organize a game with friends on PSN or Wii.

Get a grip please.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is like 4chan. trolls trolling trolls and getting trolled on top of it.

Mods please lock this thread before it gets even more ridiculous.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't lock it, this thread made my day! It's fun to see people get worked up over the daftest things
wink.gif

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the idea is based on their new "TrustDev" which only allows legit homebrew to run from the Wii using the Homebrew channel. It's not that big of a deal. Get a modchip if it's that big of a deal to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning