Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help here is what I did.
I installed bootmii as boot2.
I updated cIOS36 to REV 10.
Then I updated cIOS38 to REV 14.
I updated the HB Channel to version 1.03.
I am running firmware 3.2U with Perloader 0.29.
Now new games like the Conduit give me a 002 error when playing from the disc channel.
The weird thing is it all worked before.
Then I made the mistake of updating to Cioscorp Version 3.1, thinning this would fix my problem.
After that I got a system menu corrupted and I just took a deep breath.
Thank god preloader booked up and I used the Any Region Changer to downgrade back to 3.2.
The problem is that the issue is still there.
I suspect Bootmii is the problem, since it is there there with the 002 error. Old games work fine through the disc channel just the new games like the Conduit gives the 002 error. However, everything worked fine before i did this whole mess.
Any ideas?

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the new Backup loader "Neo Gamma r6" and turn the 002 fix.
Most if not all new games need this at the moment.

BootMii didn't cos this.

yakboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops_ur_dead said:
Nothing to do with BootMii. Are you sure you didnt change any settings in PreLoader?

I have preloader set to boot and return to the system menu.

QUOTE(muck chucker @ Aug 5 2009, 02:39 AM) when you got system is corrupt message all you had to do is change the iso reloader in preloader to ios 60

I didn't know that and nearly freaked out when I saw that error message. I have moved the bootmii directory off my SD and the problem is still there.

Does anyone think updating the IOS is the issue or any other ideas? I know that I can use a loader but I really liked loading everything from the disc channel.

Would updating to Cioscorp Version 3.1, and changing the iso reloader in preloader to ios 60 resolve this?

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Rev 14 removed the inbuilt 002 fix that existed in previous Revs. That why it needs to be globally switched to on for those usb/backup loaders that have the option for 002 fix.

yakboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all for pointing me in the right direction. I found the solution. It was a new setting in Preloader 29 that was not in 28. I disabled the IOS reloading and that fixed it. Thanks all for confirming that it wasn't BootMii.

One more stupid question that I have searched the net and can't get a solid answer to. How do I use Bootmii to back up my nand?

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.Use power and reset buttons to navigate through the bootmii menu, go to the gear selection, press reset
2. Go to the option with the green arrow going out. That's the NAND dump, push reset
3. Follow onscreen instructions
Note: Make sure you have a 1 GB or more SD card. NAND is ~528MB

Lies that you didn't search there's a bootmii FAQ. Use the search button in top right corner next time
tongue.gif

yakboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
1.Use power and reset buttons to navigate through the bootmii menu, go to the gear selection, press reset
2. Go to the option with the green arrow going out. That's the NAND dump, push reset
3. Follow onscreen instructions
Note: Make sure you have a 1 GB or more SD card. NAND is ~528MB

Lies that you didn't search there's a bootmii FAQ. Use the search button in top right corner next time
tongue.gif

I did do a search and it doesn't mention what you are talking about here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154828 Same with the Wiki page. How do I get t this boot menu that you speak of? I am using boot2 and according to the FAQ there ins;t an option in the HB channel. I am also using preloader as well. How do I get to the bootmii menu with the reset and power buttons with out going to the preloader menu?

yakboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
Well move your bootmii directory back to your SD Card

I installed Bootmii as boot2 and not as a IOS.

Running firmware 3.2U with preloader 29

I left the bootmii directory on my SD card.

I have searched the net high and low and watched videos of the menu it's self.

The problem is how to I get into that menu?

When I boot up the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then loads up into the Wii menu as normal.

Can someone please tell me what I am missing here?

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If BootMii is installed and files are in the right spot, it would load when you push Power with the SD card in. The BootMii folder (the one with the boot.ini file) needs to be in your SD root, not your apps folder.

You should also check HBC to see if there's a BootMii option when you push Home. If you find it, you didn't install to boot2.

If its not working, what files are in your bootmii folder?

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you put the BootMii folder on the root of the SD Card then bootMii should boot up first thing.
Unless you set the timer in the .ini file to 0, or un-installed BootMii..?

Try my bootMii folder.
Put it on the first page of the SD Card.
SD:\BootMii

http://ifile.it/4qyi7z5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.