BootMii Backup stuck on a block?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheGrassySceptile, May 9, 2018.

1. TheGrassySceptile
    OP

TheGrassySceptile Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I know there's a thread with this same discussion but there wasn't a fix there. I've tried it over and over but it still gets stuck on a block and nothing happens but it gets stuck at different blocks, plus I lose space in my SD card which I'm worried about, deleting the NAND and keys files doesn't do it? Can someone please help me I can't find a fix...

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Have u tried another SD card?

3. TheGrassySceptile
    OP

TheGrassySceptile Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I tried my 3Ds SD card and it worked! Although will it brick if I put the keys and NAND files on my Wii SD card and load it? It may seem like a stupid question but I don’t wanna carelessly brick my wii

4. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    I'd avoid it just in case

If u have bootmii installed as boot2 then of course there's no risk

But make sure you have your nand backed up elsewhere especially if your only backup is on a storage device u already know is finiky

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    BootMii as boot2 won't be overwritten by a NAND restore, so you can't really do much wrong if you have BootMii as boot2.
    If you have BootMii as IOS I wouldn't restore the backup except as a last resort if you brick and nothing else fixes it. Because if the backup is corrupted or the restore screws up then you're left with a full brick that can only be fixed with a complicated hardmod.
    [​IMG]
    Example of what you would need to unbrick a Wii with a hardmod.
    The pins are so tiny that you can't even make them out in the (admittedly blurry) picture.

Best not to do anything dangerous that would risk a brick in the first place.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, May 11, 2018
    Cyan likes this.
  6. TheGrassySceptile
    OP

TheGrassySceptile Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I don’t have boot2 installed but I wanna know how. It doesn’t let me install it maybe because it’s too late or somthing, I dunno

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Step 1: Sell your Wii to obtain a discount on Step 2 (optional)
    Step 2: Buy a Wii with boot1 version A or B (a Wii made in early 2008, or before)
    Step 3: Using whatever exploit appropriate for the system version, region, and games you own or can buy - run the Hackmii installer and install Bootmii on boot2

8. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Or just mod your existing wii following a safe method (like modmii). As long as u dont futs around with stuff that could brick u, u shouldn't need bootmii installed as boot2.

9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I have bootmii in boot2, and never needed to restore a backup.
    like said, as long as you don't play randomly with your system files, you are not at risk.
    just always verify what you are doing (not installing WiiU version of files on Wii for example), and don't randomly overwrite/delete/install files or IOS.

Advice :
    1. follow modmii guide and never touch your system anymore.
    2. Don't install WADs from random place without testing them first, or just always use Neek/emuNAND, never install on your real console's internal memory.

Last edited by Cyan, May 12, 2018
    XFlak likes this.
  10. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    The only time I ever needed to restore a backup was after migrating my data to my WiiU. I don't know why Nintendo thought it was cool to MOVE save data instead of just COPY it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice