BootMii autoboot problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by GrEvilKin, Sep 17, 2010.

Sep 17, 2010

BootMii autoboot problem by GrEvilKin at 2:33 PM (1,539 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. GrEvilKin
    OP

Newcomer GrEvilKin Advanced Member

Canada
    Hi, I installed BootMii yesterday, the latest version, and the autoboot is not working very well. I set it to the system menu. The problem is when I put the delay to 1 or 2 seconds I can't go into BootMii, I press the power button fast and many times just after I press it the first time and it always go the the system menu. I tried setting it to 5 seconds and that works, but I kinda want BootMii to not display but be able to get in it.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

2. JHardin1112

Newcomer JHardin1112 Advanced Member

United States
    If you download the BootMii Config Editor it will allow you within the homebrew channel to set your delay to 0 and that will skip the bootmii screen and just autoboot to whatever you tell it to. You won't be able to get into Bootmii without it displaying.

However, if you want to get into bootmii through the HBC you can press I believe the home button on your remote and you have an option to load Bootmii from there. Hope that helps/.

3. GrEvilKin
    OP

Canada
    But I mean is it possible to set 1 second and get in it? It doesn't work for me.

In the worst case I'll just keep the 5 seconds default.

4. mike333

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=detai...5&project=0
    Are You affected by this?

5. foolontehill

Newcomer foolontehill Advanced Member

United States
    What I do,

Just take your bootmii folder off of your sd card, put it on your computer or a flash drive. Keep it someplace safe. Bootmii will not load up if the folder is missing. Or alternatively rename the bootmii folder to something like bootmii_storage (or something that you can remember it is the bootmii folder).

If you ever need to get back into bootmii, put the folder back on to your SD card or rename it back to bootmii and access it either through HBC or its autoboot.

When things are running fine, and they usually are, there really is not a need to get into bootmii.

6. GrEvilKin
    OP

Canada
    5 seconds work but not 1 or 2 so I think it's not that bug.

7. GrEvilKin
    OP

Canada
    As I think about it this a good solution. BootMii says that the drive will flash on boot if the files can't be accessed. Can someone confirm that without BootMii the drives doesn't flash? Cause I'd really like to know if BootMii is still there when I update in the future, etc. That way I can know. I'd only have to put the files back on the card when I want to dump the NAND, I can live with that.