Hacking bootmii as boot 2

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I have one of those white wii's which came with system menu 2.1 and have installed the homebrew channel using letterbomb.

First i updated to 4.3 via nintendo, as none of the hacks including twilight princess would work.

All is going well but i cannot install bootmii as boot2. I ran the hackmii installer a few times and it goes through the motions and

states " success " at the end but when i reboot the dvd drive only flashes the once.

Can anyone please advise.

Many thanks in advance. John.

BuckMcCoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How are you actually trying to run bootmii? Try turning the wii on without the SD card in, if you get the multiple flashes then bootmii is installed in boot2. With the SD in youre just going to get the usual single flash. To actually run bootmii just go to the homebrew channel, press home, and try launching from there.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
How are you actually trying to run bootmii? Try turning the wii on without the SD card in, if you get the multiple flashes then bootmii is installed in boot2. With the SD in youre just going to get the usual single flash. To actually run bootmii just go to the homebrew channel, press home, and try launching from there.
He says in the first post that he installed it as Boot2 and that it said "Success" at install time...it's probably installed just fine, Team Twiizers stuff seems pretty good about checking that kind of thing well. Also, pretty sure the HBC BootMii button is only for BootMii IOS, it's not likely to help.

BuckMcCoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Youre right about the hbc thing, but it still stands that you only get the multiple flashes if the SDs out. If you get those flashes then it installed right and your SD is to blame.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Youre right about the hbc thing, but it still stands that you only get the multiple flashes if the SDs out. If you get those flashes then it installed right and your SD is to blame.
Actually, it's two flashes only if the SD is not inserted, one if there's a problem with the SD card inserted (he specified one flash, again...you should have read all of the first post). Also, I suggested that already fella. :P Not saying this to get on your case, but this is why you should read the thread you're responding to.

BuckMcCoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...he's asking why it didn't install even though it says it did. I'm saying it probably did even if it refuses to pop up. The way to check is exactly what I've said twice despite you reminding me to reread. I hate to break it to you but the wii will flash the light once regradless of bootmii so thats not a good indication. I suggusted a check, you suggusted a possible fix, and for some reason you interprete that as not reading, I don't get it, perhaps you should try rereading the thread?

Sicsuicide

Console Zombie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id say check by setting up the sd card with the bootmii files.
One would think if its on boot2 the best/easiest is to test withthe bootmii files on the sd card

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Many thanks for the replies.

I thought i had to have the sd card inserted in order for bootmii boot2 to work, will removing the card not allow boot 2 as the wii needs the files on the card.

I actually used a program called modmii which stated the sd card must be in at boot.

I am using a sandisk 2gb sd card, do you think this is compatible.

Many thanks. John.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: On the neighbors side +1