Bootleg Labo VR Headset?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by OneForAll, May 17, 2019.

1. OneForAll
    OP

OneForAll Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Australia
    I recently found that there are bootleg/knockoff Labo VR headsets that supposedly work with the Switch.
    Also they have a headband (which Nintendo should have included...)

Here is a listing for one:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Switch-Cardboard-Style-DIY-Cardboard-LABO-Virtual-Reality-VR-BOX-For-Odyssey-Simulator-For-NS-Console/33012385421.html
    (Although there are way more listings around for it).

Has anyone actually bought and tried these?
    I am wondering if I should get one, since I feel that the Nintendo branded ones are way too much.

hippy dave likes this.
  2. zxc2

zxc2 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2002
    Mexico
    OneForAll likes this.
  3. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Jul 28, 2015
    Turkey
    OneForAll likes this.
  4. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I've been waiting for an unofficial headset, was hoping for nice mass produced plastic rather than cardboard tbh, but for single digit price I'll probably give it a go, thanks for the heads up.

OneForAll likes this.
  5. OneForAll
    OP

OneForAll Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Australia
    Has anyone gotten one.
    Aliexpress has them on sale at the moment and I'm wondering if I should buy one.

6. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yeah I got the cardboard one, it's fine, and great for the price. I did have to add a bit of foam for the top of the nose to make it comfortable.
    In other threads people have posted a couple of other versions that aren't made of cardboard, or you could just search aliexpress for them if you're interested, they cost a bit more.

OneForAll likes this.
  7. pOOB73

pOOB73 Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2018
    Germany
    Last edited by pOOB73, Aug 30, 2019
    OneForAll likes this.
  8. OneForAll
    OP

OneForAll Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Australia
    Good price.
    They don't seem to ship to my country (Australia) though.
    Although when I go on the Australian site for replacement parts, it says to either go on their eBay page (which has all the LABO parts except VR :\) or contact them.
    I might try contacting them and seeing how much they'll allow me to get it for.

9. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I think the replacement VR parts are quite new to the website, they weren't there a few months ago, so maybe they'll make it to ebay soon.

OneForAll likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted