Hacking Booting or switching to FSD from NXE dash?

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have dashlaunch + FSD installed and I have the .ini set to bootup to NXE everytime, which is basically what I like/want.

I installed a talismoon fan and I need to get into FSD to set my new fan's speed higher, and then go back to using NXE. So I do NOT want to alter the .ini to boot into FSD.

Isn't there a way to hold down some button combo when booting and get into FSD, or do it from xexmenu or the NXE dash?!? I've never done this before so if someone knows how to get there manually, please let me know.

Thanks!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dashlaunch is all about the shortcuts on boot- you will have to edit the ini but it will still boot wherever you want.
Grab a copy of the dashlaunch package and info_launch.ini has a nice workup of what goes.
I am not sure where you installed your FSD files but it will probably read something like
[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X = Hdd:\FSD\default.xex
Default =
#blank just boots NXE
#Any button other the middle button and RBump can be used (rbump is boot to NXE regardless).

As for fan speed editing there are other programs not to mention I believe there was a new SMC editor the other month to adjust target temperature.
Older methods, get FanSpeedFlasher v0.03 and if you want http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=13841.5 (if the downloads do not work http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/Ek...FZAyPTorNGL.php seems to have a copy).

I can not seem to find the editor right now though.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. I followed the install guide and mimicked the default.ini that specified booting into the NXE dash. (For those that don't want FSD booting normally)

I thought by default there was a bootup controller quick launch button that would force FSD to boot from startup? (or from the NXE dashboard, but I don't see it anywhere, just my game library)

I was also told to not use the fanspeed patches as they're quirky, and to use the surefire fan speed adjust that's in FSD.

If I go into XEX menu from my game library in NXE, is there some file I can execute to startup FSD long enough that I can change the fan settings?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was unaware of anything out of order with the fan speed stuff (I usually go for voltage mods).

Forcing FSD without ini editing... not that I am aware of. As for where it might be if you see it in the NXE dash you either have a jump loader like quickboot installed for it or more likely you stashed it in the Hdd:\Content000000000000000\C0DE9999\ (and one of the subdirectories somewhere in that)*.

*hdd using the dashlaunch nomenclature, partition 3 otherwise- where you normally install XBLA, DLC and GOD stuff to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-