Hacking Booting CFW successfully

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowing what Govanify has been doing recently and given Karl3DS can run unsigned code, but will not upon release...I'm guessing that is the way to run unsigned code with Karl3DS.

so GW will be obsolete even on N3ds hen karl 3ds releases?
i bet it wont support GW emunand though

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay everybody, with the code that I have provided you will need to boot normally, then turn on the 3ds and then on the second boot you can do the exploit and that should work every time. Depending on your SD card of course. I am testing it with a class 4 Lexar, a lcass 4 sandisk, and I'm about to use a class 10 Samsung. Will let you all know how it goes.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

This seems a cleaned version of Stark RE of the CFW code.

But stark work miss some things things, that seem to miss in this wersion too (i.e. the part that check for L key pressed and starts the crtsrv mode)

In which part you fixed the boot problem? I can't check che difference with my full decompile of CFW till saturday, but if would be so kiid to tell me wher to look, maybe tomorrow I can stady tour changes.

MrDaveIsAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67

Aww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using 3DS with 32GB SanDisk Class 4

Third try worked, I lost count before I got it to work a second time. Using the Gateway launcher. Should be holding L at boot or not? I have been, but I'm unsure whether this makes a difference. Will keep testing.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I checked the provided code and i'm sorry to see that there is no difference with the code of Stark RE (that everyone can find linked on Govanify site).

Check yourself if you don't beleve me.

there is no improvement on this CFW.

But if I'm wrong, please show me in detail where you modified the code and what do you think to have obtained.

Savior-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using 3DS with 32GB SanDisk Class 4

Third try worked, I lost count before I got it to work a second time. Using the Gateway launcher. Should be holding L at boot or not? I have been, but I'm unsure whether this makes a difference. Will keep testing.

Hold L the first time to install devmenu.

I checked the provided code and i'm sorry to see that there is no difference with the code of Stark RE (that everyone can find linked on Govanify site).

Check yourself if you don't beleve me.

there is no improvement on this CFW.

But if I'm wrong, please show me in detail where you modified the code and what do you think to have obtained.
and i jinxed it. replaced the boot.bin with the "original" and now it's back to not booting

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My CFW has been all set for awhile. So I suppose no need to hold L for this one. I just swapped arm9 boot.bin with the rest being Palentine files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.