RogerTheShrubber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I was just cleaning out my Wii since the shop is closing soon. After downloading my VC games and removing channels that don't work anymore, now I get the "System Files Corrupt" error.

I have tried to boot to "Maintenance mode" by holding "+" and "-", I have tried downloading various Priiloader and Bootmii cocktails on an SD and holding reset while powering on with no avail.

This is a launch day Wii and I haven't done any Homebrew or Priiloader stuff before. Am I out of lick or am I missing something or is there another trick?

Can anybody help mii!?!?!?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
how did you remove channels you don't need ?
you probably removed system channels ? you shouldn't have touch any system data without a proper brick (boot2) or semibrick (priiloader) protection installed first.

if you dumped your NAND and kept your keys like suggested when following a wii hacking guide, you could recover by reflashing your NAND. it involves a hardware device and soldering.
maybe SaveMii ? allows direct booting into a disc, but not sure if it can run if your system file is corrupted.
Maybe there's another way, but I'm not thinking about it right now.

RogerTheShrubber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never looked into modding my Wii until this happened. I used the system settings -> data management to remove the channels that required internet and no longer work.

To use priiloader or bootloader by holding reset, do you have to do something on a working system first?

I looked into savemii but the troubleshooting flow chart said see bootmii for my issue.

There isn't a different way to get into maintenance mode for older systems is there?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you used the official nintendo's data management, it shouldn't even allows you to delete important channels (like MiiMaker channel).
I thought you used the Homebrew Channel and AntyTitleDeleter homebrew (dangerous, lets you delete everything, even system files!).

if you didn't use any homebrew, I don't know why you have a system error.

IF you have any channels installed on the SD card, did you try booting without the SD inserted?

also, downloading priiloader, is not enough for it to work.
putting a file on SD, and expecting the console to use it by pressing reset is useless.
Priiloader has to be located on the console to be used, and to do that you need a way to launch homebrew to install it.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bricking like yours can happen, rarely but it's possible unfortunately.

It can happens every time NAND content is edited: firmware update, VC/wiiware install or uninstall, or even writing a savegame when playing a game!.
if something goes wrong at that moment, the file system can be unusable.

or just NAND daily usage, it has a max write cycles, though the NAND bus should prevent it by moving the block to another unused one.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs