Boot Error -3 and -5

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by khongaeng, Feb 26, 2017.

1. khongaeng
    OP

khongaeng Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Is anyone else seeing this error on Boot.

I am on 5.5.1 with CBHC 1.6 installed. It was working just fine for the past month, then all of a sudden the error pops up after the CBHC Autobooting screen. So after boot i get the Wii U screen, then the Autobooting CBHC screen, then the Wii U screen again, and then the black screen with error -3 or -5

If i hold nothing on boot, i get -3, if I hold A on boot, i get error -5. If I hold B on boot, I go straight to the vWii channel.

I have removed the SD card and HDD on boot, and see no change. Could it be the SD card? the SD card works just fine in vWii mode.

Any ideas what is causing the error.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Press Home button while it shows the autobooting screen, and boot system menu.

3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    can you stop autoboot (press home during autoboot)and select Homebrew launcher?

Last edited by driverdis, Feb 26, 2017
  4. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    I usually get -3 if I'm missing whatever it is redirected to on my SD. I don't know what -5 refers to.

Ryccardo likes this.
  5. khongaeng
    OP

khongaeng Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Thank you all very much for your quick replies. I really appreciate it. You were spot on, when I hit the home menu on boot, I found that CBHC was set to autoboot Mocha CFW instead of System Menu. Somehow it was changed, maybe my kids messed with it while I was not watching. When I changed the autoboot back to System Menu, everything works perfectly again.

Thanks again to all of you. This was my first time posting on this forum. I'm impressed by the helpfulness.

Ridge, snoofly and Zense like this.