Boot Atmosphere using Android?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by RikiGrunt, Nov 11, 2019.

1. RikiGrunt
    OP

RikiGrunt Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Just curious if they're is a way to boot Atmosphere using Android device? My PC is down atm and currently using Android for payloads.

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    You ask this...

...but you answer the question by yourself. Or whatever you mean with "boot atmosphere on android". Its a custom firmware for the switch. And not for any android devices. The only you can do with an android powered device is (like you already wrote) sending a payload to the console. Not more or less. Or buy a dongle to inject the payloads. Or if you have skillful hands, solder a modchip into the console.

3. thesjaakspoiler

thesjaakspoiler GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2018
    Afghanistan
    Currently there is no way to inject Atmosphere entirely as a payload.
    Currently the only way is to put the required Atmosphere files on the SD card of the Switch and inject the primary payload with something like Rekado. The primary payload will load the required files from the SD card.
    https://github.com/MenosGrante/Rekado/releases

4. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    And this will never happen. Fusée Gelée is a bootrom exploit. And a bootrom is Read Only Memory. We can't write the payloads to it.

5. Retr0id

Retr0id Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2018
    United Kingdom
    But the SD card is writable...

NXLoader 2.0 will support full CFW installation from Android.

6. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    But the sd card has nothing to do with fusée gelée. It isn't like on the 3ds with b9s.

7. NivekGr

NivekGr Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2019
    Greece
    You can install at Android's recovery mode -> reboot to bootloader to take you to Hekate/payload. I installed it in mine to go back and forth and I rarely use my phone to push payload when it crashes.
    You can download it at xda :)

Neo_ likes this.
  8. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    That makes no sense...holy cow. You can't install nintendo switch stuff to any android devices. Or whatever you mean with this statement.

9. NivekGr

NivekGr Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2019
    Greece
    @BaamAlex oops.. I just realized that he's talking about Android devices and not the Android version on switch (Lineage OS).
    Yeah my post makes no sense then lol

BaamAlex likes this.
  10. JosG

JosG Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2019
    Netherlands
    I don't exactly understand your question but yes, you can send payloads via android. You can send the hekate payload as well as various others via an app (Rekado, RCM Loader) or via Web Fusée Launcher (look it up on GBAtemp). Hekate is used for chain loading atmosphere.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted