Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I asked this question in a previous topic, but now that it's on the second page I think it's basically a lost cause (especially in this section). I have a Wiikey v1 and I need to burn a game onto a DVD+R disc. I was told that I should booktype it to DVD-ROM before I burn it. I've tried to do this, but I don't know which manufacturer to choose in ImgBurn because they don't match my drives. Here's exactly what ImgBurn says about my disc drives:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM_GSA-H40N RA00 (ATA)
PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD08L 2.50 (ATA)

Is there a way around the manufacturer thing? If not, would I be ok just burning it onto the DVD+R disc without book typing it to DVD-ROM?

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've burnt lots of games on dvd+r just because we had a stack of them laying around. they work fine(burnt about 10 games, only having problems with 1 now: wii music).

i cant set my drive to booktype to dvd-rom, img burn wont do it and neither will a few other programs i found that offer the ability to change booktype. i think its my older, crappier dvd burner.

but its not required to burn as dvd-rom if ur wii can read dvd+r. try it and see.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
The manufacturer of the drive and the brand of the drive sometimes don't match. Some companies will buy a batch of drives as an OEM and resell them under their own names. Don't worry, just set the booktype to DVD-ROM for both and you're fine.

Actually, with Wiikey, you probably don't have to set the booktype but it's always a good idea.
smile.gif

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
The manufacturer of the drive and the brand of the drive sometimes don't match. Some companies will buy a batch of drives as an OEM and resell them under their own names. Don't worry, just set the booktype to DVD-ROM for both and you're fine.

Actually, with Wiikey, you probably don't have to set the booktype but it's always a good idea.
smile.gif
With ImgBurn you have 8 choices to choose for the manufacturer of the disc drive. You have to choose one in order to booktype it. Is there a way to find out the actual manufacturer of my disc drive(s)?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
franky86 said:
i've burnt lots of games on dvd+r just because we had a stack of them laying around. they work fine(burnt about 10 games, only having problems with 1 now: wii music).

i cant set my drive to booktype to dvd-rom, img burn wont do it and neither will a few other programs i found that offer the ability to change booktype. i think its my older, crappier dvd burner.

but its not required to burn as dvd-rom if ur wii can read dvd+r. try it and see.
it gets auto book typed. put it back in your DVD drive and check the disk info in image burn its DVD-ROM, you cant add anymore data to them disks now

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
franky86 said:

it gets auto book typed. put it back in your DVD drive and check the disk info in image burn its DVD-ROM, you cant add anymore data to them disks now
Does this mean I can just burn the image straight to a DVD+R disc without worrying about booktyping it?

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
OR use nero 6 (or newer) and at the end before pressing "BURN" check on the options and change the booktype there...!!!
smile.gif
Not all of us have the cash to buy nero
wink.gif
. My question still hasn't been answered though. Am I safe to burn the Wii game onto a DVD+R disc without booktyping?

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
ether2802 said:
OR use nero 6 (or newer) and at the end before pressing "BURN" check on the options and change the booktype there...!!!
smile.gif
Not all of us have the cash to buy nero
wink.gif
. My question still hasn't been answered though. Am I safe to burn the Wii game onto a DVD+R disc without booktyping?

You know how to get games but not Nero?
wink.gif

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I just burned my disc on a DVD+R disc, and it didn't work. It boots up, and then says "This Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information". The same game works fine on my DVD-R's, but I need it working on this. Why didn't it work?

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
Well I just burned my disc on a DVD+R disc, and it didn't work. It boots up, and then says "This Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information". The same game works fine on my DVD-R's, but I need it working on this. Why didn't it work?

Maybe you have crappy media and it has less to do with the fact that it is +R and more that it is some off brand of disc?

I use Taiyo Yuden +R media burned @ 8x and 16x with no problems.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

HL-DT-ST stands for Hitachi-LG Data Storage, it's what all LG drives are marked as. For that drive, pick 'LG'.

The other drive is a Pioneer - a quick search suggests that either they don't support bitsetting or that they do it automatically. Stick to the LG drive for bitsetting.

That said, I forgot to set the book type on one DVD+R and it worked just fine with my Wiikey2, so maybe it's not necessary anyway?

QUOTE(Sportsmaniac1322 @ Jan 15 2009, 04:52 PM) Well I just burned my disc on a DVD+R disc, and it didn't work. It boots up, and then says "This Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information". The same game works fine on my DVD-R's, but I need it working on this. Why didn't it work?

That sounds more like a problem with disc or burn quality or a bad rip.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
lll said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

HL-DT-ST stands for Hitachi-LG Data Storage, it's what all LG drives are marked as. For that drive, pick 'LG'.

The other drive is a Pioneer - a quick search suggests that either they don't support bitsetting or that they do it automatically. Stick to the LG drive for bitsetting.

That said, I forgot to set the book type on one DVD+R and it worked just fine with my Wiikey2, so maybe it's not necessary anyway?

QUOTE(Sportsmaniac1322 @ Jan 15 2009, 04:52 PM) Well I just burned my disc on a DVD+R disc, and it didn't work. It boots up, and then says "This Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information". The same game works fine on my DVD-R's, but I need it working on this. Why didn't it work?

That sounds more like a problem with disc or burn quality or a bad rip.
You don't need to bitset if you have a modchip. Only people who load through soft mods need to bitset.

davedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when you use a dvd+r medium the booktype is set automaticly to dvd-rom (in nero and img burn, otherwise you app is wrong configured). otherwise use imgburn and set the booktype of your medium manually under the options, but you must have a dvd-burner, which is listed in the options (BenQ, LG, Plextor etc.)

kidsasuke

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same burner as mentioned in this thread (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H40N RA00) and am getting frustrated. I'm trying to burn a game to use with a twilight hacked console, but imgburn won't let me change the booktype no matter what I do. I tried to select LG from the list, but it keeps coming back with "Invalid command operation code".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So true