Gaming Bob's New Stand

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
NO FOR THE LAST TIME...HE'S RELEASING AS HOMEBREW
he never planned nor wanted it to be a real game.
it was all part of his act.
Why would he spend 5 years making it a homebrew? Lol. Or was the 5 years all an act...

Anyways, congratz Bob!
Its funny to see the replies from when he first released it and when he started trashing Nintendo and now.

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I have followed this from the very beginning and I have to say this has one of the greatest viral promotions I have ever seen. I really thought Bob really cracked up and went down the endless abyss of madness, but all along it was a carefully planned plan! This has been fun, but what I really hope is that the game lives up to its viral campaign!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Law said:
War said:
I dont get why everyone loves him all of a sudden. It was obvious he was trolling from the start, why is it so amazing now that he revealed it?

Because this is the internet, and 90% of it's users are retarded.
After reading the rest of the replies in this thread, I have to agree with you.

moogle87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is fun. He can claim to have made this game 100%. He's even doing his own publicity.

Now if Nintendo can only really ninja their way into places and brainwash people, I think I'd want to work for em.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
MacMilitant said:
And just when we thought things were back to normal, Day 95 hits and he has a gun to his head.

What the fuck man.

If by "gun to his head" you mean "alien in front of him", then yes. Watch it in HQ and go to the last 2 seconds.

1zqr0nc.png

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I have to laugh at how easily Bob manages to manipulate you guys, really.

He failed to get Nintendos attention, failed to get his game released commercially, almost destroyed his credibility with his crappy hundred day protest, which almost damaged him beyond repair.

He realised he fucked up so comes out with "Oh I was just kidding, this is viral marketing for my homebrew!"
smile.gif

Now you all hail him as some PR genius, good old Bob.

Ok kids, start using your brains for once. Viral marketing? Ok... for a homebrew? That wont be out to sell, or make him any money.

All that wasted time and bullshit, for no reward? I dont think so.

All that happened here is he fucked up, his game is going nowhere commercially, nobody wants to touch it. He ruined his credibility, got people to dislike him. So he completely failed at promoting his game. Failed at promoting himself. So he makes out now this is a free homebrew, and its all a big joke that we all fell for.

All this is is an attempt to salvage something out of the disaster his marketing attempts were, theres nothing more to it. If he could sell the game and gain something from the five years he wasted on it he certainly would.

You people need to stop falling for his crap constantly, seriously now.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Android and iPhone ports will sell pretty well when released. He may release it for the DS as homebrew, but he'll make the money of iPhonophiles and Androidfreaks.

The alien was supposed to be obvious.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
p1ngpong said:
I have to laugh at how easily Bob manages to manipulate you guys, really.

He failed to get Nintendos attention, failed to get his game released commercially, almost destroyed his credibility with his crappy hundred day protest, which almost damaged him beyond repair.

He realised he fucked up so comes out with "Oh I was just kidding, this is viral marketing for my homebrew!"
smile.gif

Now you all hail him as some PR genius, good old Bob.

Ok kids, start using your brains for once. Viral marketing? Ok... for a homebrew? That wont be out to sell, or make him any money.

All that wasted time and bullshit, for no reward? I dont think so.

All that happened here is he fucked up, his game is going nowhere commercially, nobody wants to touch it. He ruined his credibility, got people to dislike him. So he completely failed at promoting his game. Failed at promoting himself. So he makes out now this is a free homebrew, and its all a big joke that we all fell for.

All this is is an attempt to salvage something out of the disaster his marketing attempts were, theres nothing more to it. If he could sell the game and gain something from the five years he wasted on it he certainly would.

You people need to stop falling for his crap constantly, seriously now.
The whole 100 day protest thing probably wasn't serious in the first place. He didn't really lock himself in his room 24/7, since the more observant of us realised the feed wasn't live anyway, and he started messing around after day 20 or so. If he was serious about it he would have acted more seriously. With recent development we can see Bob is clearly not an idiot, he does understand how games get licensed and published. Anyway, you're taking this guy way too seriously. Just lighten up and appreciate the humour. Who cares even if it is really a failed attempt to get his game commercially released; just following his escapade is more fun than most things on the internet.

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, it was obvios that it was a joke. Also if you notice, in one of the early videos the main cahracter is Yuu. So, the most of the text is not directed at YOU, but to, Yuu. Red this:

I herd Yuu likes games, REGGIE.
(So, Yuu likes games, becuase he plays them to expose nintendo's conspiracy.)

WHY WON'T YUU LOVE US, REGGIE?!
(Another messege directed at the main characther. Yuu knows the conspiracy, hence, he DOESNT LIKE THEM).

Nintendo sells all these games about "doing your best" and "being the hero," telling kids "you can do it if you try," but in the end that's just a story, a marketing lie that sounds good.
That's business. That's the real world. In reality, if Link approached the castle gate, a guard would just throw him out. It doesn't matter how much courage he has.
It doesn't matter how talented he is with his sword, or how pure hearted he might be. He's wearing a dirty tunic and he has no credentials.
"Get out of here, you stupid kid." The evil kingdom of Ganon (Or should I say "Gantendo") spreads across the land, Zelda dies, and the credits scroll. Game over.
That's the real Nintendo, I guess.
(Thats taken from Stage30, also explained on Stage80).

It makes sense now, all the Yuu stuff, since he's in the game and discovered the conspiracy. He didn't fucked up.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Watch Stage 50 again, he explains what he did, and shows you when he says: "It's for a viral ad." Some of the shots are even from his kitchen.

First time listening I didn't hear it, but it's obvious now.
tongue.gif

And remember:
QUOTE said:
"It's a game, about a guy making a game, who is in a game, but is also making a game,
and his marketing campaign is like a game, and that's about a game, in a game,
but also outside the game, where he is making a game, about him making a game,
which is about the game industry, and you play other games. In the game."
- Inanimate (TIGsource forum)

moogle87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game about collecting and playing games? Hot dog. And the last boss is a drop competative puzzle game? I so want to play this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: