TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
why on earth did they move the 2 usb ports to the front? it's going to get in the way especially when a external hard drive is connected to it.
I kind of agree with this. I mean, it won't be THAT big of a deal for me since I have no plans to go digital for games (at least not yet), but still. There are some advantages to front USB ports I guess, but they could have at least added one or two to the back in addition to the ones in front. But saved space is saved space, I suppose.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I kind of agree with this. I mean, it won't be THAT big of a deal for me since I have no plans to go digital for games (at least not yet), but still. There are some advantages to front USB ports I guess, but they could have at least added one or two to the back in addition to the ones in front. But saved space is saved space, I suppose.
Again: they didn't move any ports, they added two ports to the front in addition to the two existing rear ports.

Reactions: 1 person

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus Christ guys, why are you complaining about ports on the front? Obviously there's still going to be ports on the back; Nintendo's hardware engineers just came up with a genius machine, you think they're too stupid to know where to put usb ports?

But if you don't think there should be any usb ports on the front you're stupid. When rhythm games took the world by storm and we had usb controllers going into a hub connected to the front of the console, imagine if you'd had to do that from the back instead? In fact, Rock Band did do that on the Wii, and it was far more annyoing than the other two consoles.

Even if you don't intend to buy any additional front peripherals for the console, if you just wanted to charge your phone (or if it's possible to charge it via usb, the gamepad), imagine how annoying it would be to go round the back of your display unit to connect it.

Reactions: 2 people

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Come on guys, the pictures show the front AND the back. You can see the USB plugs on both and the front ones have a cover on them. That way the people who want to avoid the clutter can use the back ones and those who prefer convenience to constantly plug and unplug stuff can use the front ones OR, of course, just use both depending on the situation.
Oh, and a retail clear wii u would have been awesome. :P
I agree ... but how much internal memory would the CLEAR one have then ? :unsure:

loco365

Trophies
XP
I dig that transparent color. I'd buy that instead of black or white.

Anyways, the design of the WiiU looks to be a lot better. Nintendo knows what went wrong and how to fix it.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Those pictures don't give a very good sense of perspective. I saw a Wii U (well, lots of them) at the Eurogamer just 12 days ago and they're very long...

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It would only get in the way if the external drive was a fat ass usb or the cable that connects to the external drive has a fat end. I doubt the ports on the front will cause issues.

if the cables are connected by usbs and the hard drive is light it could topple over and bring the wii u with it, the wii u doesn't weigh much either so that is a accident waiting to happen imo, also it makes the front of the console look messy especially with SD sticking out, cables poking out of the front e.t.c.

my harddrive is huge, but it has no risk of pulling my wii over since I set it horizontally. Unless your planning on standing your WiiU vertical, the front usb ports shouldn't pose a problem. Just make sure you always place the WiiU and any harddrive on it's side like how the console has been displayed thus far.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I'd love for some better pics of the board, as well as the underside. But, I'll get those pics once we do the Wii U raffle.

I'm going to have to purchase some more hardware if I expect to be able to dump the flash, but I bet it'd be almost rather pointless. We'll see.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse