Homebrew Bluetooth Homebrew?

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to create a Homebrew that supports Bluetooth and allow you to play games and stuff using wireless headphones?

D

Deleted User

I saw somewhere on the net a aux->bluetooth->aux connectors to use normal headphones wirelessly. I dont think you can do something better with the 3ds, unless you do hardmod

Reactions: migles

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is at least one DS game, which includes Bluetooth, so in theory, if we communicate with it, it could be possible, but I think we would need to patch at least the ARM11 kernel or even the ARM9 and ARM11 kernel, to make this possible.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
There is at least one DS game, which includes Bluetooth, so in theory, if we communicate with it, it could be possible, but I think we would need to patch at least the ARM11 kernel or even the ARM9 and ARM11 kernel, to make this possible.
it's too much a bummer
the ds game is pokemon typing adventure

there are accesories which you plug to the audio jack and transmit the sound through bluethoot...

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Yeah, Pokémon Typing Adventure is the only current "BlueTooth dongle" that exists for 3DS and it probably wasn't popular enough to warrant looking into, since so few people are primed to actually take advantage of it if anybody made BT homebrew using it. It's not clear yet how those Pokémon Z-Ring things are going to work as yet (those light-up/rumbling bracelets that interact with the upcoming games). Depending on how those connect, some homebrew wireless support might be possible, but if it's just Wi-Fi or something then that doesn't get the homebrew community anywhere.

Reactions: Pokem

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Pokémon Typing Adventure is the only current "BlueTooth dongle" that exists for 3DS and it probably wasn't popular enough to warrant looking into, since so few people are primed to actually take advantage of it if anybody made BT homebrew using it. It's not clear yet how those Pokémon Z-Ring things are going to work as yet (those light-up/rumbling bracelets that interact with the upcoming games). Depending on how those connect, some homebrew wireless support might be possible, but if it's just Wi-Fi or something then that doesn't get the homebrew community anywhere.

Well considering the Pokemon typing game was a DS title, that means you HAD to have a physical copy of the title, meaning that the bluetooth protocol that communicates with the keyboard must have been built right into the DS cartridge, since we know the DS family did not have bluetooth built right into the handheld.

I mention this because 3DS titles are obviously available digitally, and of course Sun and Moon will be available in that format as well. This seems like a clear indicator to me that the bracelets therefore can't possibly rely on bluetooth, unless you'd only be able to use a bracelet with physical copies of the game, but that would be a very dumb way to needlessly cut potential sales and profits of bracelets from owners of the digital copies of the games that might have been interested in getting a bracelet specifically for their connectivity features with the games. In other words, I'm like 95% sure the bracelets will communicate with the 3DS through a wi-fi protocol and not bluetooth.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this, works great. I put small piece velco tape on back of 3DS and on this, it stays in place. I get about 6-7 hours on one charge. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aluratek-bluetooth-audio-transmitter-black/6332920.p?skuId=6332920

6332920_sd.jpg

Last edited by BigOnYa,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Theoretically, would it be possible using the wifi chip like the switch does?
The Switch doesn't do Bluetooth with the Wi-Fi chip. It has a Broadcom BCM4356XKUBG wireless chip which offers both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. The 3DS either uses an Atheros AR6014 or an Atheros AR6014G-AL1C depending on the model, both of which only do Wi-Fi.

Also, nice necrobump.

EDIT: Also also, as @duffmmann already linked in their post, somebody has already hardware modded their 3DS to add Bluetooth audio support.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.