Bluetooth and WiFI are not working..

cybrax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hello, I own a switch 2. bluetooth and wifi not working. I think the problem is either in the chip itself, or somewhere in the elements around it. Can I find a schematic somewhere?

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My car is broken, what could be the problem?………..

It’s the same type of question, you need to provide more info for someone to help you.

But as this is a common problem that you could find really easy if you just search the forum.

Let me take a guess here:

You attempted to do a modchip installation on your switch or a customers and after that the wifi and bluetooth was broken?

Correct so far?

IF the above is correct you have probally damaged some things when you tried to remove the cpu shield.
Check your left side, broken traces or the 2 resistors next to the shield.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
always the wifi chip in my experince
My car is broken, what could be the problem?………..

It’s the same type of question, you need to provide more info for someone to help you.

But as this is a common problem that you could find really easy if you just search the forum.

Let me take a guess here:

You attempted to do a modchip installation on your switch or a customers and after that the wifi and bluetooth was broken?

Correct so far?

IF the above is correct you have probally damaged some things when you tried to remove the cpu shield.
Check your left side, broken traces or the 2 resistors next to the shield.
yes generally the wifi chip if you haven't messed with the switch, ive had switch where those two 10nf caps have been misplaced so worth checking those,

does the switch take a long time to boot on a switch logo.

cybrax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
always the wifi chip in my experince

yes generally the wifi chip if you haven't messed with the switch, ive had switch where those two 10nf caps have been misplaced so worth checking those,

does the switch take a long time to boot on a switch logo.
i have mod,but the nintendo's wifi didn't work even before the mod, sense and before and after the mod there was no difference. Otherwise, the nintendo loads normally like time in my opinion. I want to check for any voltages on the elements around the wifi chip before replacing it. since I'm not very good at changing bga chips, the rest is not a problem. I bought the console second hand, and it had this problem. I found a similar thread on a forum on "tronics".but there was mainly discussing the replacement of the wifi chip, there were pictures of this part of the circuit board, but there was no information about the elements around the chip, I think there was a 4-pin chip that provides power to the wifi chip, but without a schematic it is difficult for me to orient myself for tracking voltages. Otherwise, from the console my wifi is on, but the wifi icon is pale and without any features, also the joycons do not connect to the console, but to the laptop there is no problem
The switch is V2..
if by "switch 2" you mean an oled, you probably forgot to reconnect the antennano , i mean

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have mod,but the nintendo's wifi didn't work even before the mod, sense and before and after the mod there was no difference. Otherwise, the nintendo loads normally like time in my opinion. I want to check for any voltages on the elements around the wifi chip before replacing it. since I'm not very good at changing bga chips, the rest is not a problem. I bought the console second hand, and it had this problem. I found a similar thread on a forum on "tronics".but there was mainly discussing the replacement of the wifi chip, there were pictures of this part of the circuit board, but there was no information about the elements around the chip, I think there was a 4-pin chip that provides power to the wifi chip, but without a schematic it is difficult for me to orient myself for tracking voltages. Otherwise, from the console my wifi is on, but the wifi icon is pale and without any features, also the joycons do not connect to the console, but to the laptop there is no problem
The switch is V2..
all i can tell you its for me its always the wifi chip or those 2 caps.
sometimes reflowing the wifi ic, gets it working again for a day

yeah guess you could check if the voltages are correct i suppose

Reactions: cybrax

cybrax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
all i can tell you its for me its always the wifi chip or those 2 caps.
sometimes reflowing the wifi ic, gets it working again for a day

yeah guess you could check if the voltages are correct i suppose
Is there info about voltage and where exactly to measure?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Your eyes need to rest.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality...