Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Flash crashing the whole system would usually be due to hardware acceleration going wrong somewhere (the only thing that could crash windows, as flash itself is user-mode), and then the video driver would show up in the crash.

I checked the logs, and the windows kernel (along with CLASSPNP) is crashing, and no third-party modules are involved in the crash from what I saw, so I really doubt it's third-party software. Windows itself is crashing internally, there's something wrong with Windows.

MindC0ntroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the check just tests to see if there isn't a shortage, or if the part is remotely responding..

I ran memtest for 15/17 hours on my laptop, cos I knew there was a bad RAM stick... in that time it only finished 7/8 times o.O
Memtest is something I usually run at night...

:O
Maybe a HDD test is a good one?
I know "HDD tune" can check how "fresh" a HDD is and see if it has hidden errors.
You should test that one!

Edit.
Just read the FF part....
Are you watching video's in flash? Flash has become a crash o holic here....

I haven't used HDD Tune (not sure if it's on Hiren, I'll check)

Yeah, my sister was using my computer and complained about YouTube crashing numerous of times.
I can't watch a video on flash without it crashing within a minute and firefox seems to crash randomly now, regardless whether I have one tab or many

What Im doing now is downloading W7U from another more reliable source and Eseus partition master. After formatting the hard drive (and hoping that there was no damage) Im going to do another clean install

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone suggested this but I didn't see anything so I'll throw this out there: Did you install all the correct drivers for your hardware? Usually when you reinstall windows you also need to get online and download the drivers for Chipset, GPU, NIC, Audio and any other add-on cards etc. You can check to see if all your hardware is working correctly in windows by opening up the device manager and checking for exclamation points next to any piece of hardware listed.

MindC0ntroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone suggested this but I didn't see anything so I'll throw this out there: Did you install all the correct drivers for your hardware? Usually when you reinstall windows you also need to get online and download the drivers for Chipset, GPU, NIC, Audio and any other add-on cards etc. You can check to see if all your hardware is working correctly in windows by opening up the device manager and checking for exclamation points next to any piece of hardware listed.

I'm pretty sure that I have most, if not, all correct drivers. I know that Windows Update sometimes downloads incorrect or outdated drivers, but it's usually a few and I've never had Windows 7 crash on me with BSOD multiple times due to driver issues.

Plus, Rydian went over my minidump files and it seems that it's an OS corruption from data that was saved from my previous hard drive and W7U install

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk