Hacking Question Blue-screen after restoring nand.

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes you need a USB cable that can plug into your computer on one end and your switch (c) on the other

You will only lose keyblobs if you restore the boot files in the blob killer folder that are 4mb each, don't restore those use the ones on the root of the folder

Ah ok, so I'll use Etcher to set the size of the provided boot files to about 4Mb (or what ever is normal for them) and upload them to sd card and restore it with normal hekate?

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyjacking this thread just a bit , after reading this thread I have noticed I havent backed up my keys as this step says
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/making_essential_backups/

Can I still do it know after having installed cfw and such ?
Yes you can still run the lockpickrcm payload and get your keys
Ah ok, so I'll use Etcher to set the size of the provided boot files to about 4Mb (or what ever is normal for them) and upload them to sd card and restore it with normal hekate?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If your using etcher you won't need to restore with hekate. Etcher will write the boot files over your current ones. You will lose autorcm if enabled though, do re-enable your preferred way after. Honestly I would just use tegragui once you get your usb-c cable and boot the modified hekate then follow the instructions below

Only 6.2 & 7.0.1 in the xbins file at the moment.

The drill is launch my modded Hekate in the file (switchboot.bin)

Go to tools, choose a backup folder (BACKUP_1 for example)and backup your boot0/1 (and maybe prodinfo too).

Once done, go to this folder on your PC and you will see the BACKUP_1 folder with a subfolder called BOOTS in it. These are the ones you have just backed up. DO NOT DELETE THESE! Either keep them in BACKUP_1 or drag them to your PC. In fact, use the "quick backup" option to backup prodinfo too.

Make a new folder next to the BACKUP_1 called BACKUP_2 and make a subfolder with BOOTS folder.

Copy the repair files to this empty BOOTS folder.

Boot up the switchboot.bin, go to tools, select backup folder 2 (BACKUP_2) and restore the new BOOT0/1 using the option under dangerous (Restore BOOT0/1 without size check) and restore the new BOOT0/1.

Enable autoRCM if you are saving fuses, boot, done.

You will need to launch with Hekate / Switchboot.bin if you are going to 6.2.0 and you have 9 fuses burnt.

Similarly, if you have 8 fuses burnt and you are building / using a 7.0.1 emmc, fuses will be burnt to match. If 6.2.0, you will have 8 burnt fuses... 7.0.1 = 9 fuses.

Remember - DO NOT USE THE FULL-SIZE ones. I merely included them for posterity. I have labelled them in the archive. Use the smaller ones or you will be saying goodbye to your keyblobs. However, the Switch will still start with missing keyblobs.

Just MAKE SURE THE FILES YOU ARE RESTORING ARE 1536kb (boot0) and 512KB (boot1).

@Canna

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes you can still run the lockpickrcm payload and get your keys

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If your using etcher you won't need to restore with hekate. Etcher will write the boot files over your current ones. You will lose autorcm if enabled though, do re-enable your preferred way after. Honestly I would just use tegragui once you get your usb-c cable and boot the modified hekate then follow the instructions below

I got my cable and got TegraRcmGUI to find it but when I push the payload (the modded hekate) it just resets. It says "Welcome to Atmoshpere Fusee" or something and then turns off. It does this when I try to push anything.

Last edited by fredinator,

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, Do you have a bootloader folder on your SD card? The hekate-ipl.ini inside might be setup to auto boot..try and open it with notepad and let us know how it's set up

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes there is a bootloader folder and in the hekate_ipl.ini it says this:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
verification=2
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1

Before it turns of I get a screen saying "sept"
I got a folder of that as well on there and there is a payload.bin, sept-primary.bin and sept-secondary.bin, sept-secondary.enc ... could this cause this?

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No Sept folder is needed to boot higher fw versions. How many burnt fuses do you have?

Hard to say because I don't really understand this fuse thing. I updated my switch to 6.2.0 via online and tried updating it offline with choidojour to 7.0.1 once, soo... I guess 8?

igorakou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Hard to say because I don't really understand this fuse thing. I updated my switch to 6.2.0 via online and tried updating it offline with choidojour to 7.0.1 once, soo... I guess 8?
You can check if you boot with hekate and go to tool and print fuses I think, it says the amount of burned fuses you have.

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says 9 burnt fuses.
Does this mean it wont run anymore?

No it will work you just have to boot through a customer bootloader like hekate or fusee to boot into fw lower than 7.x.

Are you sure you are choosing the right payload to push? Any hekate payload should not boot atmosphere unless you have the config in set to autoboot

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No it will work you just have to boot through a customer bootloader like hekate or fusee to boot into fw lower than 7.x.

Are you sure you are choosing the right payload to push? Any hekate payload should not boot atmosphere unless you have the config in set to autoboot

Honestly I dont know. I bought the R4s Dongle and use the pakage they provide from here www r4i-sdhc com
I guess it is atmosphere since it says so there but I used Reinx so far and it seems to be included also

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I dont know. I bought the R4s Dongle and use the pakage they provide from here www r4i-sdhc com
I guess it is atmosphere since it says so there but I used Reinx so far and it seems to be included also

Try taking sd card out, un-plug dongle. Plug switch in to computer and use tegraGUI to push the switchboot.bin

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try taking sd card out, un-plug dongle. Plug switch in to computer and use tegraGUI to push the switchboot.bin

I went ahead and did just that and my switch works again. FW 6.2.0 works
Thank you! Thank you so much for helping me

Sadly now I can't play smash because the update requires 7.0.1
But I'm way to afraid to try again ... But I guess there is no other way because of my burnt fuses

Edit: But ChoiDojourNX is able to upgrade to 7.0.1 from 6.2.0 and the desktop version of it isn't able to?

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and did just that and my switch works again. FW 6.2.0 works
Thank you! Thank you so much for helping me

Sadly now I can't play smash because the update requires 7.0.1
But I'm way to afraid to try again ... But I guess there is no other way because of my burnt fuses

Edit: But ChoiDojourNX is able to upgrade to 7.0.1 from 6.2.0 and the desktop version of it isn't able to?

Theoretically, you should be able to update to 7.x with ChoidujourNX yes. Make sure you update your CFW files before doing so and everyone recommends FAT32 formatted card

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Theoretically, you should be able to update to 7.x with ChoidujourNX yes. Make sure you update your CFW files before doing so and everyone recommends FAT32 formatted card

Now it doesn't work again. It says
Fatal Error: [NXBOOT] Key derivation failed.
I didn't change anything. All I did was turning the switch off

Edit: Nevermind ... Im stupid AutoRCM was turned off and I need that because of my burnt fuses, right?

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Update: I tried updating to 7.0.1 again and again my switch was instantly restarting but this time I learned some many new things (This time I made a full backup of nand and boot)
But did not need to restore because you said that I should update my cfw files. I did that and even then it happened again so I tried atmosphere instead of reinx and my switch started with firmware 7.0.1
So everything is fine now. I guess ReiNX is broken.
One thing I did not understand so far. In the upgrade guide it said that if autorcm is enabled the switch wouldn't send data to nintendo. Is it save to hook it to wifi then? But online play is still out of question I guess?

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I tried updating to 7.0.1 again and again my switch was instantly restarting but this time I learned some many new things (This time I made a full backup of nand and boot)
But did not need to restore because you said that I should update my cfw files. I did that and even then it happened again so I tried atmosphere instead of reinx and my switch started with firmware 7.0.1
So everything is fine now. I guess ReiNX is broken.
One thing I did not understand so far. In the upgrade guide it said that if autorcm is enabled the switch wouldn't send data to nintendo. Is it save to hook it to wifi then? But online play is still out of question I guess?

ReiNX 2.2.1 supports up to 8.x; it should work too. AutoRCM bypasses Nintendo's bootloader, fuses are only important for downgrades really. If you connect to WiFi your data WILL be sent to Nintendo, and be more likely to be banned. To block Nintendo servers and connect online most people use 90DNShttps://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls