Homebrew Homebrew app Bloopair: Connect Controllers from other Consoles natively

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I'm new here on the site and I really liked the content posted here for the Wii U, I use my Wii U with Aroma and I would like to know if these 2 Bluetooth controls for the Switch work on Bloopair on the Wii U as a Switch Pro Controller, because I want buy in China to play The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD Wii U.

If you read the thread you'll see me that it a control works on the Switch, it'll work with Bloopair.

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Im late to the party but, just wanted to know, aside from bluetooth pairing, does connecting the compatible controllers via usb, works?

Also, what about wired Xbox 360 pads?

Thx in advance!

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Im late to the party but, just wanted to know, aside from bluetooth pairing, does connecting the compatible controllers via usb, works?

Also, what about wired Xbox 360 pads?

Thx in advance!
this is all about bluetooth, not USB. The only USB related are for DS3 first time pairing.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

forests_gump

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone had any experience or knew if possible to get Switch Joy-con to work as steering wheel on Wii U racing games, such as Mario Kart 8, NFS Most wanted ?!?

GrkZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Some way to connect an XBOX 360 gampad by bloopair or another way?

I have PC bluetooth dongle for controls.

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone had any experience or knew if possible to get Switch Joy-con to work as steering wheel on Wii U racing games, such as Mario Kart 8, NFS Most wanted ?!?
THe goal of Bloopair seems to be "simulate" wii pro controller, which does not have motion control. What you want is simulating gamepad/wiiremote.

Nigel07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I bought this controller from China, it worked on the Wii U via Bloopair with Aroma, but I noticed that only on the 2 analog sticks (gray and yellow), it only works when turned to the left and down sides and diagonally down/left, if I try to turn up and right and diagonal up/right nothing happens in the game, the rest of the buttons all work perfectly, is there any way to fix this in Bloopair??? Or is my controller defective???

Attachments

• -753347808816893873.jpg
    -753347808816893873.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 10

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Nigel07
Try your controller connected to a pc (hoping it supports it), launch "joy.cpl" in taskbar and try the buttons, you will know if it's deffective that ways, also their is a wii homebrew app that can test gamepad buttons
I just suppose the gamepad is not fully taken in consideration by bloopair, and might never be, gary cannot test ALL existing gamepad on the market, if he can test the 10 major represented gamepad, that's already a lot!!
We consummer, SHOULD BLAME NINTENDO/SONY/ALL CONTRUCTOR NOT TO PUT A STANDART PROTOCOL ON GAMEPAD/JOYSTICK!! They should get FINES for this, just like APPLE didn't want to turn to usb-c, standard protocol should become MANDATORY!! How many gamepad are thrown away because not usable by many devices??
PLEASE ALL GAMERS, SAY "we want STANDARDIZATION" on all devices to all constuctor to save the Environnement, every Firm that don't want to comply, we should FU**K THEM!!

Nigel07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My friend, I already tested the control on the PC and it worked perfectly with the X360 driver as the manual says to install it, I went back to the Wii U with Aroma and the problem persists, I switched to Tiramisu and everything worked perfectly, it's a bug in Aroma's Bloopai, because On Tiramisu's Bloopair, the control with all the buttons and analog sticks worked perfectly.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or is my controller defective???
So you just responded to your own answer, it's not defective at all....your controller is not supported anymore. When Gary fixes a controller, sometimes it just unfix another controller and it's rare something can be do about it. Maybe there should be multiple version of bloopair to fix those king of problems....But you should better blame constructors about this not setting a Protocol Standard, not Gary, if he fix the pb for yours, it might not work for another afterwards, indeed it's a problem.

GrkZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My friend, I already tested the control on the PC and it worked perfectly with the X360 driver as the manual says to install it, I went back to the Wii U with Aroma and the problem persists, I switched to Tiramisu and everything worked perfectly, it's a bug in Aroma's Bloopai, because On Tiramisu's Bloopair, the control with all the buttons and analog sticks worked perfectly.
How did you run the XBOX 360 controls in WiiU on tiramisu?
I have PC bluetooth dongle for controls XBOX360.

jack44556677

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much to gary and all the others who made this possible! There are just a few more tweaks/hurdles to make the old dusty, neglected, and abandoned wiiu a truly desirable console!

Attached is my hacked version of bloopair which inverts the Y-axis of the right stick on the ps3 controller (for games which stupidly and infuriatingly don't have "proper" controls: windwaker hd, I am looking at you). Obviously such remapping would be ideally taken care of in a config file and/or aroma plugin config menu - but that's just one of the (increasingly few!) tweaks required to make the wiiu perfect.

All I did was edit line #82 of the dualshock3_controller.c and recompiled.

Line was :
rep->right_stick_y = scaleStickAxis(inRep->right_stick_y, 256);
I changed it to :
rep->right_stick_y = scaleStickAxis(inRep->right_stick_y, 256) * -1;

Because this is a dirty hack, if you want to go back to having a normal controller - you'll have to swap out the 30_bloopair.rpx again with the original (i renamed mine to .bak rather than replacing it, so I could just change the name back to restore normal mapping)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 30_bloopair_ps3sixaxis_rightstick_yaxis_inverted.zip
    59 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: fmhugo

Nigel07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How did you run the XBOX 360 controls in WiiU on tiramisu?
I have PC bluetooth dongle for controls XBOX360.
I didn't use the X360 controller on the Wii U, what I use is the Switch Pro Controller (gamecube controller style) that works on the Wii U and the PC. For this controller to work on PC, you need to use the X360 driver.

Last edited by Nigel07,

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just wondering if by any chance the following controllers (with ESP32 inside) that I converted to bluetooth might be given support by bloopair? They work with Switch, Windows, Android and blueretro modded consoles. It is seen as Blucontrol gamepad in windows. It's a poor man's NSO SNES and NSO N64 while the gamecube is ahead of nintendo B-) . More info can be found here: https://github.com/JPZV/BluN64-ESP32
blueretroed.jpg

Last edited by vinzanity,

Nigel07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, updating the topic, my Gamecube-style Bluetooth controller for the Switch works via Bloopair on Tiramisu perfectly (all buttons and analog sticks in all directions), but when I used it on Aroma, the analog sticks only turned left and down, yesterday I managed To solve this problem, I copied the Bloopair file in the Tiramisu modules/Setup folder to the same Aroma folder, Windows asked if I wanted to replace the files and I clicked Yes and it worked, now it works perfectly on both (Tiramisu and Aroma), The only detail is that to work on Aroma you need to enter the game first and synchronize via Bluetooth, if you synchronize beforehand (Wii U Menu), when you enter the game, it will disconnect Bluetooth, do it with your Bluetooth controls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.