blocking PS3 Update servers for PS3Xploit V3 and keep ps3 web browser working

ok so i did some digging around the net found the perfect way to block Sony's PSN/update servers while keeping the ps3 browser unblocked for the future PS3Xploit v3

ok here are the requirements

1)OpenDNS.com account
2)Preactivated secondary account
3) a wifi/hard wire to a router with DNS override ability
4)the list of domains to block (provided here)

first things first follow the suggestion the devs gave you by activating a dummy psn account for Games before Sony blocks that ability

1) create an Open DNS account (It's free don't worry) and register your external router IP (does this automaticly with the "add button"
2) under the web content tab of the dashboard scroll to the bottom to "block individual domains" and copy&Paste the following list one by one

auth.np.ac.playstation.net
np.stun.playstation.net
ena.net.playstation.net
ps3.update.playstation.net
service.playstation.net
creepo.ww.hl.playstation.net
np.community.playstation.net
manuals.playstation.net

it would say that the domains will be applied in 3 minutes

3)Apply and log out

4)next enter your Routers Page and find the dns override function (Mines on the LAN tab )
5) tick "Enable DNS Override" input "208.67.222.222" under primary DNS server and "208.67.220.220" under secondary DNS apply setting and log out
6)on the ps3 make sure you're on your network then do a connection test step 2 should fail "internet connection" (don't worry it didn't truly fail)
7) test Update system software via internet it should spit out "could not connect to server"
8 ok THE MOMENT OF TRUTH open your ps3 browser and connect to any site it should connect with ease

Congratulations! you've successfully blocked Sony's update servers now just kickback and wait for the official release of PS3Xploit V3 and be worry free of OFW 4.83

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found this just replace the ps3 server domains with these

• fuk01.ps4.update.playstation.net
  • duk01.ps4.update.playstation.net
  • fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
  • al02.cdn.update.playstation.net
  • a01.cdn.update.playstation.org.edgesuite.net
  • playstation.sony.akadns.net
  • a192.d.akamai.net

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

for PS3 Users use these cause you need the browser unblocked for Habib's exploit on every boot

Reactions: KeoniAzugon
D

Deleted User

My ps3 is currently on 4.82 right now and its powered off till the jailbreak releases.As for my ps4 im not quite sure,its on 5.05 right now which i hear is going to be the next exploitable firmware but idk if i want to jailbreak it because of the new god of war game thats going to come out soon.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a ps3 with 3.55 CFW and another one with none
so i should update the 2nd one to latest FW and do this?
do these new exploits require you to have latest FW and ability to log into PSN/SEN
just to do the exploit ,or can they be self hosted
is this just for prople who want to use PSN/SEN with CFW or is it needed to even get the new consoles exploited?

i have not been following this scene ,i just heard there are new exploits
also i would like to dump my current models for super slim, they are both fats
at least one of them

Last edited by weatMod,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either 4.81/4.82 look on ps3devwiki for a 4.81 update pup if your low enough can't supply it here, 4.81 perferd but 4.82 also use PS3Proxy and this tutorial ( http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tut-how-to-sign-in-on-ofw-4-81-activate-your-system.16603/ ) to bypass the 4.82 requirement to activate though i'd hurry before sony closes the loophole also it needs to be a dummy account activated as Games to reap the resigner's benefits
but what is all this for?
do i need to do this to exploit the console period or just to use PSN once it is exploited?
i have not been following this scene so i have no idea what this is
i know you can now downgrade all fats and some slims and that super slim downgrade is coming
but what does all of this have to do with any of that?
i am asking if i will need to do this to get the console downgraded to 3.55 , i mean will i need to be able to connect to PSN to get the exploit to work to downgrade?
or will i be able to just do it without PSN or would i need to self host the xploit?

i am looking to get a super slim if i can get CFW on it i do not care about online though so do i even need to do any of this or willi be able to buy a SS at any time and downgrade it with doing all of this?
i don't even know anything about creating PSN accounts i always used my ps3 offilne , i never even created a PSN account

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Am I missing something here? I remember using the first version of PS3Xploit on my PS3 Slim and the requirements were opening the web browser and the web page, and then install CFW after the exploit has been triggered.

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something here? I remember using the first version of PS3Xploit on my PS3 Slim and the requirements were opening the web browser and the web page, and then install CFW after the exploit has been triggered.

version 2 is an improvement of v1, version 3 would be more beneficial for slims 3k and superslims in the form of resigning the pkg file games but no hombrew yet.

Reactions: Yepi69

Medveitsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i have a ps3 with 3.55 CFW and another one with none
so i should update the 2nd one to latest FW and do this?
do these new exploits require you to have latest FW and ability to log into PSN/SEN
just to do the exploit ,or can they be self hosted
is this just for prople who want to use PSN/SEN with CFW or is it needed to even get the new consoles exploited?

i have not been following this scene ,i just heard there are new exploits
also i would like to dump my current models for super slim, they are both fats
at least one of them
why not just install cfw?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not just install cfw?
yeah i have fats ,one on CFW already but i want to put CFW on the second fat then sell it and get a super slim
but then i found out you can;t get CFW on a super slim ,not sure if you can put CFW on all model slims now
i am afraid the fat is going to overheat and get YLOD

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i have fats ,one on CFW already but i want to put CFW on the second fat then sell it and get a super slim
but then i found out you can;t get CFW on a super slim ,not sure if you can put CFW on all model slims now
i am afraid the fat is going to overheat and get YLOD

Use webman. Get CPU fan speed 60% core temps will say around 60c for a fat maybe even lower

Reactions: weatMod

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok so i did some digging around the net found the perfect way to block Sony's PSN/update servers while keeping the ps3 browser unblocked for the future PS3Xploit v3

ok here are the requirements

1)OpenDNS.com account
2)Preactivated secondary account
3) a wifi/hard wire to a router with DNS override ability
4)the list of domains to block (provided here)

first things first follow the suggestion the devs gave you by activating a dummy psn account for Games before Sony blocks that ability

1) create an Open DNS account (It's free don't worry) and register your external router IP (does this automaticly with the "add button"
2) under the web content tab of the dashboard scroll to the bottom to "block individual domains" and copy&Paste the following list one by one

auth.np.ac.playstation.net
np.stun.playstation.net
ena.net.playstation.net
ps3.update.playstation.net
service.playstation.net
creepo.ww.hl.playstation.net
np.community.playstation.net
manuals.playstation.net

it would say that the domains will be applied in 3 minutes

3)Apply and log out

4)next enter your Routers Page and find the dns override function (Mines on the LAN tab )
5) tick "Enable DNS Override" input "208.67.222.222" under primary DNS server and "208.67.220.220" under secondary DNS apply setting and log out
6)on the ps3 make sure you're on your network then do a connection test step 2 should fail "internet connection" (don't worry it didn't truly fail)
7) test Update system software via internet it should spit out "could not connect to server"
8 ok THE MOMENT OF TRUTH open your ps3 browser and connect to any site it should connect with ease

Congratulations! you've successfully blocked Sony's update servers now just kickback and wait for the official release of PS3Xploit V3 and be worry free of OFW 4.83

That sounds good, but when I go to sign up for my open dns account it says I only have a 14 day trial. So that means I will only be able to block updates for 14 days?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MasterMan194

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
By the end of this month i'll be getting my 2nd PS3 Super Slim. I've read this topic and i gladly found my Huwawei ONT can blacklist URLs so i don't need to fiddle with OpenDNS, wich have a 15 day trial :)
So let me see if i got it right. For PS3 i must add the first list of URLs and for PS4, the 2nd one?

Last edited by MasterMan194,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"