Homebrew Blocking a unblocked 3ds XL

ipaugust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
I know it may sound stupid, and I swear I looked all around about it, but I have a 3ds XL with CFW, running CIAs and homebrews, with arm9loaderhax, but I'd like to return it to normal, blocked, as it was before.
I have all sysnand and emunands original files, dont know if it helps, but...
Anyway, is that a tutorial showing how to restore it? I have a minimum knowledge of someone who made a downgrade from 10.7 and installed arm9loaderhax
BTW my CFW is 11.0
Thanks for the help

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello!
I know it may sound stupid, and I swear I looked all around about it, but I have a 3ds XL with CFW, running CIAs and homebrews, with arm9loaderhax, but I'd like to return it to normal, blocked, as it was before.
Anyway, is that a tutorial showing how to restore it? I have a minimum knowledge of someone who made a downgrade from 10.7 and installed arm9loaderhax
BTW my CFW is 11.0
Thanks for the help

You can always use SafeA9LHInstaller to uninstall A9LH

But why if I can know?

If you are doing it, install legit CIAs so you can still have some games :3

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
You could restore a backup, assuming you kept all your saves you made while following the guide. I'm curious, why do you want to restore it to normal? If you're interested in selling it, a hacked one can probably sell for more.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!
BTW my CFW is 11.0
Thanks for the help
You can restore a pre-a9lh sysNAND backup using Decrypt9 and not selecting the "keep a9lh" option. Why on earth would you want to? If you want it to be like stock, upgrade to the no-SD-card-needed version of a9lh and delete apps like FBI, freeShop etc. No one would ever be able to tell the difference. If you're wanting to sell it, being hacked would make it worth more.

ipaugust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always use SafeA9LHInstaller to uninstall A9LH

But why if I can know?

If you are doing it, install legit CIAs so you can still have some games :3
Thanks, I'll try this

You could restore a backup, assuming you kept all your saves you made while following the guide. I'm curious, why do you want to restore it to normal? If you're interested in selling it, a hacked one can probably sell for more.
Yeah, I have them all, I was wondering if just restoring the initial sysnand or emunand would work... Do I have to restore both or one of those only?

My story is that I was really up to use region free on my new 3DS, I have some european games and I really wanted to use them. But my firm was 11.0. Anyway, I have a pikachu 3ds with 10.7, so I decided to do the OOT save so I could use region free on my new 3ds.
Ok, was easy, I have cubic ninja, so 10 minutes later I made the save. Buuuuut, I got carried away, went full commando and made all steps to unlock, it worked and all.
In the end I kind regreted it, because I collect portables, and I'd like to keep my "special" console as stock as possible. I got my goal on my new 3ds, so, if possible, I'd like to reverse the other one to as normal as possible
Yeah, as I told, I know it would sound stupid, hehe

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you use the no SD needed version of a9lh, and nonscreeninit, it is impossible to tell your console is modded. Unless someone did a hardmod to dump the NAND and investigated the contents of firm0/firm1 which no average person is going to do. It is a shame to delete your hard work like that :-( But good luck if you wish to proceed.

ipaugust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use the no SD needed version of a9lh, and nonscreeninit, it is impossible to tell your console is modded. Unless someone did a hardmod to dump the NAND and investigated the contents of firm0/firm1 which no average person is going to do. It is a shame to delete your hard work like that :-( But good luck if you wish to proceed.
Hm, that sounds like a better option
Could you point me some directions on how to do that, please? As I told, my knowledge goes as far as this tutorial allowed
Thanks!

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well I think you first use Config Development App (use from Hans if you don"t want it to get in the Activity Log) to set Eula to ff.ff (the maxium possible) for can play out region games online before restoring, also if you are going to go back to Normal Firmware you should do that with a 10.3 Firmware in the NAND since it have more entry points and exploits that were patched in later versions and by the way you can always Spoof Online if you want to use Online Play, eShop or other services that get a "System Update is required" errors.

Last edited by Clector,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hm, that sounds like a better option
Could you point me some directions on how to do that, please? As I told, my knowledge goes as far as this tutorial allowed
Thanks!
You can "update" A9LH but using no screen init

If you are doing it on Old 3DS, search to install A9LH with Mini CFW(if nobody links it before I get home, I'll edit this and post the link)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well I think you first use Config Development App (use from Hans if you don"t want it to get in the Activity Log) to set Eula to ff.ff (the maxium possible) for can play out region games online before restoring, also if you are going to go back to Normal Firmware you should do that with a 10.3 Firmware in the NAND since it have more entry points and exploits that were patched in later versions and by the way you can always Spoof Online if you want to use Online Play, eShop or other services that get a "System Update is required" errors.
Actually, it doesn't matter. even 11.0 hax menuhax and browserhax now. 10.7 still has svchax as well.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You can "update" A9LH but using no screen init

If you are doing it on Old 3DS, search to install A9LH with Mini CFW(if nobody links it before I get home, I'll edit this and post the link)
Better yet, if you install the A9LH with the Possibility to boot without the SD, it has a option to launch it with either screen init or without it

By adding _si at the end(example: arm9loaderhax_si.bin) if you want it. If not then leave it as is, and it will use the hack without screen init

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: ipaugust

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@gnmmarechal Yes, but MenuHax can"t let you return to Home Menu in 10.6 and highe and for all KOR supported version because how sdiconhax works, and IronHax isn"t patched in 10.3 and also 10.4 and higher NATIVE_FIRM have ASLR for eShop, it will be better to the OP to have this unpatched.
EDIT: I forgot that ntrcardhax is also patched in 10.4.

Last edited by Clector,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
@gnmmarechal Yes, but MenuHax can"t let you return to Home Menu in 10.6 and highe and for all KOR supported version because how sdiconhax works, and IronHax isn"t patched in 10.3 and also 10.4 and higher NATIVE_FIRM have ASLR for eShop, it will be better to the OP to have this unpatched.
EDIT: I forgot that ntrcardhax is also patched in 10.4.
NTRCardhax is irrelevant, it didn't go anywhere tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is