Duero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
they should sue all cheaters including the idiots mw2 cheaters and try to make a better anti cheat system. and why do you ask me why should we sue cheaters ?? some time of punishment should they have for making a good game bad ? so sue them or breaks there computers or make cheating a crime im so tired of cheaters sure if you use cheats to beat a game in single player hey thats fine no one ellse cares but to use cheats to get kills just cuz you suck thats bad. i suck as hell on sc2 and mw2 but i play for fun i have lost 50 out of 55 matches 1vs1 but i don´t use cheats for that i just now i need to train more to become better or just stop play if i can not handel it.

D

Deleted-247497

yeah im completely fine with this, they are protecting their property and protecting their userbase. if i payed $60 for starcraft 2 i would be pissed if online was ruined by cheaters

i give blizzard kudos for this, alot of companies dont bother trying to stop cheating on their online services

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ripandsip said:
lol wtf just some folks who cheated now they gonna get sued? bs

terms of service, ever heard of it. like the bulk of gamers out there, you probably couldn't be bothered too read the tos. it is clearly outlined in many online games, the rules of owning and playing the game online, if players choose to not abide by the rules they deserve to get banned permanently.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
awesome, i would have loved to have seen the person's face when they got spammed online. but why is the hacker getting sued, i'm not familiar with the game hack, but are they distributing some illegal files or is this some sort of trainer\patch. if its the latter i understand, but if not than i dont understand.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like this.

I despise online cheaters and I'm pretty sure a plethora of others do so as well.
Cheaters ruin the game experience for others and just eliminates all the fun. The game becomes unfair.

What better way to stop cheaters than to take out the source?

Also, Blizzard always has cheats in their games. Often linked with popular culture, the cheat codes can be found online. They only work on singleplayer, and any level completed with cheats do not give achievements. They only work in single player, I repeat.

Stopping online cheating is one thing that I would think gamers would unanimously get behind.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
zetta_x said:
"living in a world so cold... wasting away. living in a shell with no soul, since you gone away..."

we live in a world dominated by the most powerful. in respect to power, blizzard wins. no matter your moral, no matter what you believe in, things hosted by blizzard will be dominated by blizzard. is it fair? no, but equality would be unfair.

your logic doesn't make any sense to me. in accepting that the current situation for the hackers is unfair, how does it follow that equality (presumably an even footing between blizzard and the sued, for example) would also be unfair?

The logic I made was from Blizzards point of view, of course it is contradictious, it's from a company!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Duero said:
they should sue all cheaters including the idiots mw2 cheaters and try to make a better anti cheat system. and why do you ask me why should we sue cheaters ?? some time of punishment should they have for making a good game bad ? so sue them or breaks there computers or make cheating a crime im so tired of cheaters sure if you use cheats to beat a game in single player hey thats fine no one ellse cares but to use cheats to get kills just cuz you suck thats bad. i suck as hell on sc2 and mw2 but i play for fun i have lost 50 out of 55 matches 1vs1 but i don´t use cheats for that i just now i need to train more to become better or just stop play if i can not handel it.
Sorry, lawyers and courts are too busy with shit that actually matters (like [censored] crimes and murders) to care about your kill/death ratio on MW2.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
keine said:
i think this is ridiculous. companies should not have the right to sue people for simply tinkering w/ the system. if blizzard doesn't want people to cheat....why didn't they lock up their system tight? its their own fault, where is their security team? better yet if they don't want people to mess w/ their procuct....then why did they put it out there? "oh! but its the experience, they are ruining the system." ever since trophies and gamerscore, rankings....things have gotten out of control. now companies seem to have some right over how you are intended to use their product. "no, you can't dance naked in mmo x, it destroys the experience" the idea that a person can destroy a controlled "experience" is very hard to comprehend.
no developers, you can no longer put cheat codes into your games, because we have ass hats who treasure their gamerscore.....and where would they be, if someone cheated their gamerscore. protecting the "experience" for people who are 10 out of 5million on the leaderboards. wouldn't want their experience to be disrupted. wtf! people?
it's like blizzard suing for people who run around naked in wow because they destroy the "experience." give me a f'ing break.
why should a company have control over how people interact in their system.
how can you copyright and protect a community? a space?
i'm gonna get lamblasted for my views, but oh well.
if i don't want to cheat, i get a group of friends together have a lan party....and nobody cheats. this overlord protecting the space/community/experience and suing anyone who gets out of line, is absolute trash.
edit: however we don't have lan parties anymore.....precisely because of this system. did you see lan? in sc2? no? why? because of this "protected iron rule experience trash/garbage" effectively taking away one of the best aspects of the game.
this type of tactics and fear mongering dictation and rule, should stop people from using products from a company so set on domination and lock/key type.

whats next? you can't mod, cause we never wanted the game to be experienced like that?
and fyi, i don't give a flying f, about gamerscore/trophies/leaderboards/rankings/ladders/etc. if i want to cheat on single player, i do. however, i don't cheat online because it torques people off. however this reason alone does not give developers the right to iron fist us.
tl;dr

Cheating is cheating. If single player doesn't affect multi at all, that's fine. But in SC2, there's the achievement system. Wouldn't be fair if a million players spent hundreds of hours and got their achievements legit while a number of others cheat and get them all in 10 minutes.

Not gonna rant. So here's my say:
Any cheating with any relation to multiplayer should and must be punished for. Period. Go Blizzard.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All these people going "Oh but I bought the game, I should be able to do whatever I want with it to enjoy the experience." Sure you can, but what about those who bought it and didn't cheat, do they have the same right?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
All these people going "Oh but I bought the game, I should be able to do whatever I want with it to enjoy the experience." Sure you can, but what about those who bought it and didn't cheat, do they have the same right?
That's a contradictory statement you have there. They have the same right to cheat yes. What else can they do, but fight fire with fire when a developer no longer cares? Here is an example: I play monopoly with my friends every Tuesday, and every time we finish the game I am the winner (I cheated). They all suspect foul play, so they devise ways to cheat and team up without me knowing. Therefore they are fight fire with fire. However if we had a referee who could detect all my foul play, then the problem would not have started. Cheating makes the game better for some, and as it grows because others can do it as well, then it becomes a pain in the ass. My point here is that the developer is the one who calls the shots on who gets banned, and they are the ones that define cheating. If one person cheats, then multiple people can cheat. If they nip the problem in the ass, then less people will have the resources to cheat. It is but a choice to cheat, and it may or may not have consequences. I just wish Blizzard had not sued for money, especially when they have more than a chance to win.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nintendo needs to do this to get read of the cheating mk fags
tongue.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If this was an offline game and people where cheating I don't think anyone but the biggest moralfag would care. The problem with online is any cheat, even the fun ones that give you no advantage or even make things harder/impossible impact on everyone else's play. I know you hear from people that they are only doing it 4TL, and that the massive boost on leader boards doesn't matter, well set up a private server where people are allowed to cheat. You'll get to play with the game engine without ruining everyone else's time. No way to set up a private server yet? Well they almost all call themselves hackers, hack one together.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this blanket ban on cheats include modifications to the single-player campaign as well? Also, can anybody point me to evidence that the defendants acquired material profit (money) from distribution of these cheat-codes?

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Does this blanket ban on cheats include modifications to the single-player campaign as well? Also, can anybody point me to evidence that the defendants acquired material profit (money) from distribution of these cheat-codes?
Just read the link... Although to be fair Rydain should have linked to the source that qj.net used instead. It is much better. Here it is.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is off-topic but what the hell happened to the capital letters in the first 3/4 of this topic?

I don't and did not see any message. Maybe it got adblocked, or it's because I use the Lite skin. Plus, this was the only topic I saw with this problem.
unsure.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
This is off-topic but what the hell happened to the capital letters in the first 3/4 of this topic?
Haven't you seen the red message at the top of each page?

QUOTE said:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS
Do not edit older posts. Our database was recently corrupted and all posts were changed to lowercase.
We will be restoring a backup shortly, so if you edit posts that got lowercased, your changes will be erased by the backup! (which is only a few hours old, thankfully)
Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for the inconvenience! Further discussion here.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Just read the link... Although to be fair Rydain should have linked to the source that qj.net used instead. It is much better. Here it is.

That was very informative, thank you. However, Blizzard's accusations that they were selling the hacks isn't enough for me. Is there a web site that acted as an intermediary in selling the hacks to players? I haven't been able to find one, but that doesn't mean it's non-existent.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
antwill said:
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:

That was very informative, thank you. However, Blizzard's accusations that they were selling the hacks isn't enough for me. Is there a web site that acted as an intermediary in selling the hacks to players? I haven't been able to find one, but that doesn't mean it's non-existent.
I am unaware of it, but I agree, it's not exactly hard evidence, but at the moment it's the only evidence of such. Maybe if the court documents get released the website will be mentioned there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyhe5d1WED8