Hacking Bleh my thoughts on cyclo's flaws

Death50

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea so like the only flaw is how hard it is to take the micro sd out and the fact that the casing on the card looks really cheap, even the sticker looks like it was cut by hands with a scissor. I've been messing with the sd so much that the paint on the bottom where the words are, are all gone by trying to remove it. If it wasnt for that it would be the ultra best.

Sry guys right now its only the best lol in my book
yaynds.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I agree with you it does not look the best. However, because the software is so great and they keep improving it is why I got a Cyclo.

It doesn't come out of my DS often so looks don't matter too much
tongue.gif

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Function over form I always say. I don't have my CycloDS yet, but since I ordered it and an 8gig microsdhc, I don't see myself moving files around on it too much. On my trusty ole R4 and 1gig microSD, I have had to move files around quite a bit more than I want too because I can't hold as much on it as I want.

Hence the reason I ordered the CycloDS.

Death50

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah it's just cuz some of the files i put on it are wrong or the things turned out jap lol, so i needed to redo it, and i added other things too thats why
and the sticker looks like it was sawed out with a box cutter lol

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got my black one sitting next to me, got it a few days ago, looks good to me! Card comes out pretty easy, I'm using a sandisk card, nothing fancy. I'm pretty happy with it, plus I'm removing the card alot, do you guys never add new games when they come out? I'm probably adding new games twice a week, if not more since I only have a 1GB card. Oh well, each to their own. I'm totally with SpectralSounds on this, fuction over form and the form ain't too bad, so eh...whatever.

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They upped the build quality after the faulty batch in december, to regain some points. So now they are decently built aswell as software superiour.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i brought my cyclo a while back (secound batch) ive never had 1 problem with it always shows up in my ds. micro sd in and out no problems and the card itself feels pretty solid

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
After a couple of use it is not hard to take the micro sd out.

I use a batch one ( lucky me ? ) card since June 2007 without problems ... People should just take care a little more and not force the card : i always push the micro SDCard in with one finger without forcing and push the card slighly so the card fit just fine and the SD card is just in place and you can even remove the microcard with a nail without pushing the card totally out and swap easaly without any hassle.

I never got any SD card sticking out.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sokonomi said:
What about the things ive read about the SD card sticking out?

I have received three Cyclos from RHS. All three had the microSD sticking out. All in varying degrees but all sticking out somewhat. Also on all three the MicroSD fits tightly to one side of the slot while there is a gap on the other side. Read poor production quality.
On a positive note all three cards have worked since the day I bought them three months ago.
Edit: Forgot to add all were black (so batch 4)

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Has the Cyclo's build quality really been that bad? The last few CycloDS Evolution carts I have bought are either excellent, or at least decent.
Well, they admitted to me that they were having WAY too many defects before, so they redesigned the thing.

My replacement Evolution was one of the new designs and even just picking it up, it "felt" WAY better than the original design, not to mention it just worked, whereas my old one didn't w/o help and then it died anyways.

They also said that their support via their manufacturing sub-contractor just wasn't working, which I knew from experience, so they switched over to getting vendors to do support after the re-design and seeing what sort of failure rate they got from that. Since it was so much lower, and the vendors actually had a stake in providing good support that was the best thing that they could do IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34