ROM Hack Bleach The 3rd Phantom Patch Error!

Fekore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I've recently found out about translations that could be applied to foreign ROM's that would allow some of the text to be translated making the game playable. I've played through the first two Bleach games in the series, and I've really enjoyed them. I've found Noitora's thread dedicated to this game and have browsed through it. There is a patch in the very first post that is suppose to be applied to the "Untrimmed" ROM. I have downloaded the Japanese ROM for this game directly to my desktop (it's still in it's WinZip file) and all I have to do is extract the file to receive the ROM itself. At first, I was unsure of what to do since it was my first time ever applying a patch to a ROM. I first double clicked on the program "Drop Rom Here.bat" and it said that I was close to finishing the patching but I needed to drag and drop the untrimmed, unpatched ROM, so I did as it asked. I extracted the ROM file for Bleach to my desktop and dragged it into the extracted folder containing "Drop Rom Here.bat," "skill_fix.xd," and "xdelta." So far everything was fine but then a black dialogue box appeared and said..

QUOTE said:
Patching...
xdelta3: file open failed: read: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\skill_fix\blpt.xd: The system cannot find the file specified.

The xdelta patching utility was unable to apply the patch. Make sure to use the original (unpatched, untrimmed) ROM and extract all of the patch files to the same folder before running this.

Press any key to continue . . . QUOTE
However, in post #34, there are instructions and a link to the another patch. I have followed the instructions and everything worked fine for that, but nothing changed in the game itself!
frown.gif
I'm hoping somebody could help guide me through this problem. BTW, i'm using a DSTT with the most updated firmware (Version 1.16 I believe).

I would really appreciate any help given,

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!