Black Sigil RPGamer impressions

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by granville, Nov 28, 2008.

Nov 28, 2008
  1. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    United States

They had a chance to play the game and went away smiling. So I guess this one's a winner. But we STILL have NO release date.

The only quirk I saw was that you have to equip consumable items to use them in battles, but maybe you get used to it.
  2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Oct 12, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Grafitti Entertainment are terrible for dates, we all know how many delays Mazes of Fate DS had.

They're also screwing around with C.O.R.E. DS.

Anyway, yeah I'm looking forward to this. The only other Western RPG I've played this year was Sonic Chronicles which I enjoyed a lot. I'm hoping other none Japanese developers will make more RPG's, its nice to have some variety.
  3. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2007
    United States
    It's be nice, but this is basically a jRPG whose only distinction is that it's made by a western company. Me, I'd like to see more games like Mazes of Fate or even Etrian Odyssey which are MUCH more like traditional western CRPGs than more of the endless flood of samey/ported/copied jRPGs.

I'd even be happy with more SRPGs if they increased the complexity level a bit more even if they used that horrid anime style "art"(HUGE eyes, bobble heads, big tits, psychedelic hair colors).

I'm almost to the point where I wouldn't mind some cut down western ARPGs ports, e.g. Dungeon Siege, Diablo, Titan Quest, Divine Divinity, Sacred, etc.