adamsapl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey.
So my Wii won't start. However it outputs some signal, because after powering it up TV stops showing "No signal" message. But the screen is still black.
I tried to start it normally - black screen. Holding reset - black screen. ModMii SD card - black screen.
But hence I don't know MAC address I just used files for other Wii. Also I don't exactly remember if the current software is 4.3E (probably it is). Don't know if it matters but the console is from USA. But I guess it should boot to BootMii no matter?
I also checked on cables (all - composite, component and hdmi) and power supply from my second 100% working Wii.

Many thanks in advance!

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
maybe you've been enable ''lock system menu with black screen'' in prilloader option. try to turn on your wii and press reset for 5 second until prilloader setting come out, and change the setting.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said he tried that.

@OP: Did you install BootMii as boot2 or IOS when you installed the HBC? You can't boot straight to BootMii with the IOS installation. You need something like the HBC to do it. Also, the MAC address is only important when initially installing with LetterBomb. The bomb message has to be encrypted with the console's MAC.

Reactions: adamsapl

adamsapl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you install BootMii as boot2 or IOS when you installed the HBC? You can't boot straight to BootMii with the IOS installation. You need something like the HBC to do it.
So what your're saying is... there's no hope?
I don't remember where's BootMii installed, probably the worse option AFAIR the proffered option was unavailable.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what your're saying is... there's no hope?
I don't remember where's BootMii installed, probably the worse option AFAIR the proffered option was unavailable.

What happens when you turn the console on? Does the power light turn green? Can you hear the optical drive initializing?

If you have BootMii installed as boot2 then turning the console on with no SD card inserted or without the bootmii folder on it the drive light should flash twice as soon as you turn it on. If it doesn't do that then either the console isn't making it to the boot2 stage or BootMii is installed as an IOS.

Are you using component cables? If so, try plugging the green output into the composite (not component) video in on a TV. It's usually a yellow plug. That should give you at least a black and white non-interlaced image if the console is working.

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: adamsapl

adamsapl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What happens when you turn the console on? Does the power light turn green? Can you hear the optical drive initializing?

If you have BootMii installed as boot2 then turning the console on with no SD card inserted or without the bootmii folder on it the drive light should flash twice as soon as you turn it on. If it doesn't do that then either the console isn't making it to the boot2 stage or BootMii is installed as an IOS.
Power light turns green, no flashing twice, ODD makes noise and flashes blue for a moment.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holding the d-pad down on the remote while pressing reset on the console supposedly resets the video mode, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?