Black Screen??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Basha_Tech, Dec 28, 2009.

Dec 28, 2009

Black Screen?? by Basha_Tech at 1:38 AM (671 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Basha_Tech
    OP

Newcomer Basha_Tech Newbie

Canada
    Hey guys,
    Running version 4.2U and booting game with Neogamma R7, Using only Verbatim DVD-R disks. I have a problem with a couple of my games....Neogamma loads the game and it goes to the disclaimer screen stating how to use the remote and such. Then the game proceeds to show me which remotes you are capable of playing with. Then the screen goes completely blank.....

In another instance ( Mario and Sonic Olympics) The game says "could not read dvd" please insert Mario and Sonic Disk.....

Any help would be great!

Thanks
    Matthew

2. SnacksHacks

Newcomer SnacksHacks Advanced Member

United States
    First make sure you're using the latest NeoGamma. That's probably the problem because older versions have compatibility issues with newer games.

3. Basha_Tech
    OP

Canada
    Well the game thats giving me a black screen is Mortal Kombat Armageddon, its a pretty old game

4. Basha_Tech
    OP

Canada
    Anybody? Please? [​IMG]

5. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    try using softchipp or cIOSCORP

6. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Use IOS patcher and patch it to 249. That's what made it work for me back in the DVD-loading days [​IMG]
    You could also try loading alt-dol from disc, but I'm not sure that's a possible with disc-loading. Works on USB-loaders though.

7. Basha_Tech
    OP

Canada
    Use IOS patcher and patch it to 249. That's what made it work for me back in the DVD-loading days [​IMG]
    You could also try loading alt-dol from disc, but I'm not sure that's a possible with disc-loading. Works on USB-loaders though.
    [/quote]

IOS Patcher worked perfect!!! You sir are my hero.....My 10 year old son thanks you [​IMG]

And yeah i know it seems obsolete to use DVD, but I find its much easier to just mount and burn the ISO and have my son put the game in and run it like it was originally supposed to run.....Having CIOSCORP installed gives the feel as though the mod doesn't exist. Doesn't make daddy look like he is stealing you know? LOL