Black Screen with 4.2USA at bottom right

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nasty_spike, Feb 4, 2010.

Feb 4, 2010
  1. nasty_spike
    OP

Newcomer nasty_spike Member

United States
    I was able to hack my "no vulnerable IOS" wii. apparently i had installed an older version of Priiloader and so i updated to a newer version because it was not reading the hacks.ini file. after i updated priiloader, i was able to view those hacks and i basically enabled all of it. once i saved and got back to the main screen of Priiloader, i accidently hit "a" and selected the top option, which is "system--something" and it went into a black screen with "4.2USA" at the bottom right corner. now it's stuck at that screen. i can't reset or anything. i've unplugged the Wii and still got that black screen with "4.2USA". so is it bricked? i've only read that when it is bricked, it's just a black screen with nothing showing. if it is not bricked, anyone knows how to fix it?

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Nah, that's not a brick. That's the so-called "recovery menu." Hold reset while booting to get back into Preloader and disable the hack that's forcing you to boot into that menu.

3. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    When the Wii just starts up, hold down RESET. In Priiloader, disable the Recovery Menu (or whatever) hack.

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    You have just enabled all Preloader hacks, without knowing what they do [​IMG]

Like the people above stated, go to preloader by holding reset at boot, then go to System menu Hacks.

The one you must disable is "Disc Autostart" and/or "Autoboot Game"

Next time, read the descriptions of the hacks you enable: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks [​IMG]

5. nasty_spike
    OP

Newcomer nasty_spike Member

United States
    Yea, i was able to fix it last night by myself right before i went to sleep. it was bothering me too much so i started playing with it, pusing all kinds of buttons HAAHHA. well, i'm glad i got it fixed. thanks everyone. i know, i know, i'm a newb [​IMG]

6. gripskid

Newcomer gripskid Newbie

Denmark
    Hi There, I experienced the same problem. But for some reason nothing happens when I hold reset.
    Should there be a disc in the wii ??