Hacking Black screen when switching SD Cards

UL7RA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey guys, I've been away from the 3DS scene for quite a while, but decided to start using my O3DS XL (running 9.2, with GW emuNAND) again. Thing is, I have a 64GB SD card in it (previously managed to succesfully switch from a 32GB one) and I'd like to go back to using a 32GB one, as the extra space is unnecessary. Thing is, I can't remember how I managed to succesfully switch back then, as I remember I had run into this issue. I tried formatting the 32GB sd card (slow and fast format too) with 32kb allocation size, copy paste from the working 64GB one, but when I boot (running Gateway + Luma + A9LH I do believe) I run into a black screen that doesn't go away. The 64GB one works flawlessly, boots into emuNAND no problem. What can I do? (I need the 64GB card for something else, I wouldn't bother switching again if I didn't need to)

Last edited by UL7RA,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Is the arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of the sd card?

And copy all the contents to the new sd card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And try to upgrade from a9lh to b9s

Last edited by BaamAlex,

UL7RA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It's a perfect CTRL-C + CTRL-V copy of the bigger SD card that works. The Gateway red dragon shows up as if it's trying to load the emuNAND, but it fails (greeted with a black screen).
I'd rather not upgrade anything if it works as is.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a perfect CTRL-C + CTRL-V copy of the bigger SD card that works. The Gateway red dragon shows up as if it's trying to load the emuNAND, but it fails (greeted with a black screen).
I'd rather not upgrade anything if it works as is.

Dump the EmuNAND *.bin image from the 64 GB card with 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator.

Update the custom firmware: A9LH to B9S

You should consider ditching both the EmuNAND and Gateway 3DS flashcart. If you intend to go back with an EmuNAND on the 32 GB card, either 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator with provided *.bin or GodMode9 has the ability to copy SysNAND → EmuNAND in:
  • (HOME) button → Scripts... → NANDManager
  • (HOME) button → More SD format menu

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're using a severely outdated setup. Gateway isn't even supported by their own website anymore, they've become sky3DS and no longer provide updated kernels for Gateways. That said, you're not going to be able to use it on newer games.

Gateway is obsolete now that Luma can load Gateshark cheats itself without the need for the card. There really is no reason to stay with your current setup. Follow this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html. To convert from A9LH to B9S, and you'll be able to transfer your EmuNAND to sysNAND and switch cards with a lot more ease. SysNAND based exploits are 100% safe. There is absolutely no reason to use an emuNAND to date. B9S is a boot rom exploit, WAY different than A9LH and it's brick proof as long as you keep a NAND backup on hand.

I'm encouraging you to update your setup because you're constantly going to have trouble finding people to be able to help with such outdated exploits.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte