Black screen trying to play original PAL Wii Sports Resort on 3.2e

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RedDread, Aug 1, 2009.

1. RedDread
    OP

Newcomer RedDread Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm having infuriating trouble trying to play an original WSR PAL disc on my softmodded PAL Wii 3.2e. I used the Twilight hack to install Starfall, Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher. I try to play WSR through the disc channel and just get a black screen. I've read that other people haven't had this issue with the exact same setup as I have and that the Motion Plus video just plays and the game starts as normal. I have Starfall disabling disk updates. Could this be why the game is crashing? I'm becoming increasingly annoyed by it, that's for sure!

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, because I'm trying to find it in various forums and am getting confused by the sheer number of preloaders, channels, configurations and such that I don't even know whether I need or not! I don't want to brick my Wii, obviously.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

J...

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Use an app called WUFE, it will extract the update partition of the game, then use Wad Manager to install the IOSes 38-53-55, only one is needed I think it is 55 but better to install them all so no new game give you this problem again...!! [​IMG]

3. RedDread
    OP

Newcomer RedDread Newbie

United Kingdom

Thanks. I'll do that now.

This may be a silly question, but what do I do with the update partition of the game once it's extracted?

4. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You need to get the WAD's from it. You need IOS60 from it mainly. Thats what Wii Sports Resort needs from 4.0 to 4.1 from what I remember.

5. rookrook

Member rookrook GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hi m8 try preloader and launch with ios 30 im sure thats what i did

6. RedDread
    OP

Newcomer RedDread Newbie

United Kingdom
    Sorted it! Thanks for the help everyone! I installed cIOS 38 v14, then installed Ios' 38, 53 and 55. Works like a charm!