Homebrew Black screen on VC/Wiiware

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Or try change the VC display mode. Enter to whichever working VC game, enter to e-manual, then attach the nunchuk, then press and hold Z+A+1 (you should hear a chime). Then try the VC games than previously didn´t work. If that don´t work try the same process but this time press and hold Z+A+2.

hypercoyote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be kind of hard to do when the game is locking up, wouldn't it? I have my friend's wii which is having this same problem along with other ones. I'm about to give up and tell him to send it in. His has had issues since day one anyway.

D

Deleted User

I'm having the same problem here. I have a WiiWare game installed and when I click start it only shows a black screen. Any ideas to fix this problem?

Note: Wow this thread is 10 years old now.

tontonsonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
and 1 year later.... Having the same problem here still with Bubble Bobble Plus. Bomberman starts fine, but not this one - black screen.
Next step is to check with another wad to see if the game is the problem... then the emunand, then the cIOS...

tontonsonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I've actually installed that particular game on my real nand, and it works fine from there. Other wii games from ntfs work really great with my current IOS cIOS combination, so I think I'll leave it there for now :)

Thanks!

tontonsonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So for information purpose, I've installed latest Wiiflow lite, removed old cIOS (but don't think that changed anything) and it's working now !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.