Homebrew Black screen on VC/Wiiware

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I've scoured the forums and can't find anything on this, so feel free to slag me off if you can point me in the right direction!!

Has anyone else experienced the black screen after start on some VC/Wiiware games? Sometimes the Wiimote stays sync'd and returns me to Sysmenu, othertimes it falls out of sync and the wii locks up. Tried running the WAD's through various patchers for things like video mode, region change etc but I still get this black screen.

Im running a 3.2E system without modchip. Even PAL games are doing this

Reactions: Deleted User

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Im currently using WAD Manger 1.4 embedded channel, but have used Wani's orignal WAD Manager all the way through to current version including Mod'd and Tweaked versions Still the same problem every time. I have re-downloaded the WADs that give me the problems from different sources but they still keep giving me the same preoblems. Its mostly NTSC which have been put through freethewads/wwunpacker kit, but some PAL ones do it as well.

DeathscytheDK

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
I have the same problem.
The game loades, and the sound runs fine.
I can hear, that the game is running (jump sounds etc.) but the screen is black.
If i press the home key. the menu comes up, and a paused snapshot of the game is showen in the background.
I have a PAL Wii with 3.2E installed.

Any idears?

- DeathscytheDK

DeathscytheDK

Trophies
XP
Country
the black knight said:
hmmmm tryd old ones? 1.3 works with me and did you hacked ya wii with twilight or modded it or something else?

Hi. I'm using 1.3. But i found this on nintendo.com

Display problems while playing Virtual Console games

If you are experiencing display issues (dim, blank or half-blank screen, ghosted image, etc.) with a Virtual Console game while using the Component Video Cable, please read the following:

Some Virtual Console games default to displaying 240 lines of video. Some HDTVs are unable to display a signal with only 240 lines. Try the steps below to set the Wii to output 480 lines of video, which may solve the problem:

While on the Wii Channel Menu (main screen of the Wii), connect a Nunchuk to Wii Remote.
Select the Virtual Console game from the Wii menu, then select "Start" to begin the game.
When the game starts, press the Home button on the Wii Remote. (In many games, the music can be heard when the game starts.)
Select "Operations Manual" from the Home menu.
Press the Z + A + 2 Other Buttons simultaneously (the Z Button is on the Nunchuk). A sound will be heard if the button combination has been entered correctly.
Close the Home menu. The game should now display correctly. Note: You will not have to do this the next time you play, as the Wii console will remember these settings.
If the Virtual Console game is still not displaying properly, but all other games work fine, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we may assist you further.

And I uses Component Video Cable. I'll try it when I get home
cool.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bazamuffin I can help you farhter on msn ( I gonna try!) register me if you have msn! [email protected]

1 start up twi light hack or banner bomb
2. use wad manager
3. install an channel like ocarina or something like that
4. test channel!
5. doesnt work yet? then register me on msn

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Sephiran, I have Wad manger 1.3 and 1.4 as embedded channels. 90% of wads are fine, it's just a handful like Super Ghouls n Ghosts and Punchout that give the porblem. Is installing Ocarina via TP Hack or BB necesaary when I have Wad Manager channels. If ths message sounds ungrateful, it's not meant to, just trying to find out what your propsed approach is. BTW I hate MSN, stalker ex GF's hunt me down lol

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
OK, I left this alone for a while and have just revisited it. I have updated my IOS's and installed 'necessary' ones such as 38, 53 etc but still no success. About 5% of VC games don't work. I prob shouldn't complain but can't see any reason why they're not working. All the ingredients are there, but my souffle isn't rising

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Done and done. Tried Region Free and PAL with FTW's, and updated all the 'necessary' IOS's with DOP-IOS. Even tried component, SCART and S-Video cabling with 50/60Hz, 4:3/16:9 and HDTV combinations.

daregoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey dude,

i HAD this exact same problem with some wiiware games. I have a pal wii with 4.1e. I used xzxero's guide to soft mod my wii a few days ago then I started having this problem. I thought I did something wrong or I was missing something. So I virginized my wii and followed a softmodding guide from someone else from another website but it was still the same. Then I tried 'acquiring' the games through different sources. Apparently I just had a bad wad or the wad's region was set even after I changed it using freethewads. Better to just get the wad in its original region. Hope this helps.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I only had problems with some Japanese games, black screen thing, it was a conflict with language that didn´t allow start the game properly, so the game got stucked. I´m not sure what´s your problem thought since you have problems with games from your same region... In my case I fix this by changing the language to japanese with AnyRegion Changer.

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I dont have any probs with JAP games, just PAL and NTSC-U. Really baffling me this. I had a 2nd Wii (which Ive since sold) and the games I have probs with were fine on there, but the ones I had probs with are OK on my current Wii. Both consoles softmodded same way, but one is a D2C and the other a D2E. I'm fresh out of ideas, so any other suggestions are welcome

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is strange, I can speak from my experience, the times I got black screens was trying to play Bomberman Blast (Wiiware) PAL version on my NTSC-U Wii, or when I didn´t have proper IOS installed before hand.

Have you sure that every required IOS is installed? You could want make a Waninkoko 4.0 update, as it overwrite every old IOS and add some news, that´s my advice, like I told before the only time I had a black screen problem was with specific Wiiware games, or with missing IOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: