Hacking black screen on MH4?

wiibomb

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello, recently I've been having kind of a headache with the Gateway...

On the past on the firmwares 2.0b1 and 2.0b2 I could launch Monster Hunter 4 with no problem on emunand, it would just take some moments for the loading screen to show up but it would eventually, however now that I updated to Omega, everytime I try to load the game on emunand it just shows a black screen and nothing happens, I even need to hard reset the console for it to work again.

I have done several things to solve the problem, I tried an untrimmed (even checked the MD5) and trimmed version of the game, tried remaking the Emunand just in case that it would be corrupted or not well, switched SD cards and even reformat them to exFat (even though one is of only 4GB and the other of 8GB), but nothing works and other ROMs work just fine..

Recently tried the game WITHOUT emunand set up, just loading the gateway mode on the system nand and it happened to just work, however since I cannot load the gateway bug in the system nand with a emunand set up (the classic mode loads emunand too, but only supports retail cards, don't know if it is just for me).

May be someone can give me a light around here since I'm really trying to make Monster Hunter 4 work on the Emunand

wiibomb

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the only special character that appears on the rom is "-"

don't know if that affects.. also I'm tryig to run the ROM on a emunand on 4.5.. so I haven't updated yet the emunand, do you guys have it working on the updated (7.1) emunand?

wiibomb

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
welp... after hours of working with this problem I solved it..

it seems like the SD of the emuNand tend to have a great influence on the gateway, because I replaced the SD card of the launcher.dat (the same that has the emuNand) for another one that seemed more stable and with a higher class and the problem was solved, now the gateway plays well the Monster hunter 4 ROM.

I explained this in hopes that this might help somebody.. thanks for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: