Black Screen Monster hunter 4 ultimate

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by meatballmas, Apr 2, 2015.

1. meatballmas
    OP

meatballmas Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2015
    United States
    I'm new to this gateway thing I'm using gateway 3.1.1 ultra emunand 9.4 on my 3ds xl and when I try to load monster hunter 4 ultimate I get a black screen :hateit:. Is their any solutions?

2. Blue Lamb

Blue Lamb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2007
    United States
    Are you using a .ROM file or .CIA ?

3. meatballmas
    OP

meatballmas Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2015
    United States

I'm using a .3ds rom

4. Blue Lamb

Blue Lamb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2007
    United States
    Sounds like it might be the file itself. If you dumped it yourself, try redoing it.

5. meatballmas
    OP

meatballmas Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2015
    United States

ok i'll try thanks

6. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Are you using an SD card in the 3DS that has more than 1GB of free space? If I recall, that's the number one reason why it black screens. It needs a lot of free space.

7. Doom561

Doom561 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2015
    You need to have an SD card bigger than 2GB in the SD card so it can load all the files, otherwise it just black screens,

8. newbcake

newbcake Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2014
    United States
    Fremont, California
    Damn I did not know that. I'm gonna need an SD card with like 32 GB in my DS

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    or.....you know a 4gb card, idk about MH4 but i know smash bros had a similar issue, it only seemed to work with over 1gb free space on the SD card, so a 2GB card would work, but only if you didn't have emunand set up as setting up emunand on a 2gb card means you will have under 1gb usable space left....idk, whatever, but if you rules out a bad rom, try a bigger SD card in the 3DS

10. newbcake

newbcake Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2014
    United States
    Fremont, California
    Well, I have whatever card came in my 2DS. I have MH4U downloaded from the eShop on it, and the save data.

I have a couple games on a Sky and am just wondering will I need lots of space for when I use the Sky.