Hacking Black Screen after updating OFW on a SX Core Switch

luisdav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I just updated the OFW on my Switch but I got a black screen now. I have read on several posts that there was any problem with updating the OFW on a Switch with Sx Core installed. I updated the OFW after booting the OFW using a dedicated SD card to play only th the OFW. My Switch is a Mariko, with SXOS 3.0.5 and previous firmware was 11.0.0. My intention was to update only the OFW to the latest, I think it is 12.0.0 or higher and keep my emuNand in the 11.0.0. But now I got a black screen after trying to boot either the CFW or OFW. Does anyone have a solution for this? Can I switch to Atmosphere in this situation?

Thank you.

Reactions: HollowGrams

luisdav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can't use SX OS on sysnand above 11.0.0, your option is Atmosphere.
So why is people saying it was possible? I updated the OFW without touching anything in the CFW or emuNand it should work...
The question is: I still can fix this? Either to keep the SXOS or switching to atmosphere? I can get into the SX screen, I just don't get the Nintendo logo, the switch just turn off.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why is people saying it was possible? I updated the OFW without touching anything in the CFW or emuNand it should work...
The question is: I still can fix this? Either to keep the SXOS or switching to atmosphere? I can get into the SX screen, I just don't get the Nintendo logo, the switch just turn off.

SX OS is no longer getting support, you should switch over to Atmosphere while you are at it, there has been no official support since firmware 11.0.1 and above, I don't own a SX Core so I can't help you too much but you can check out this video for some reference.

luisdav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
SX OS is no longer getting support, you should switch over to Atmosphere while you are at it, there has been no official support since firmware 11.0.1 and above, I don't own a SX Core so I can't help you too much but you can check out this video for some reference.

Thank you! I'm digging into this. It seems that I have to wait for the latest version of Hekate to use Atmosphere, because there is support up to the 12.0.1 firmware. I got the 12.0.2....

Zetareta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
True. I thought it was not released yet, but it was. Working on this.
l have mariko (ofw 11.0.0) sx core (3.1.0) and l am on sysnand and l followed this ( https://www.sthetix.info/migrating-from-the-sx-os-to-atmosphere/ ) guide's case 3 scenerio and l succesfully migrate to atmosphere 0.19.3, before follow that guide l did update ofw with normally with update switch selection to 12.0.2, l don't use hekate just atmosphere and goldleaf 0.9.

Last edited by Zetareta,

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just updated the OFW on my Switch but I got a black screen now. I have read on several posts that there was any problem with updating the OFW on a Switch with Sx Core installed. I updated the OFW after booting the OFW using a dedicated SD card to play only th the OFW. My Switch is a Mariko, with SXOS 3.0.5 and previous firmware was 11.0.0. My intention was to update only the OFW to the latest, I think it is 12.0.0 or higher and keep my emuNand in the 11.0.0. But now I got a black screen after trying to boot either the CFW or OFW. Does anyone have a solution for this? Can I switch to Atmosphere in this situation?

Thank you.

You need sx 3.10 then load tx boot menu then sx core then genuine boot.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read about the genuine boot option, not sure if it is gonna work plus it burn fuses.
You don't need to do a genuine boot. If you updated your sysnand past the firmware supported by SX OS, you can just chain load into Hekate from the SX OS bootloader, then boot into stock sysnand from Hekate.

luisdav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You don't need to do a genuine boot. If you updated your sysnand past the firmware supported by SX OS, you can just chain load into Hekate from the SX OS bootloader, then boot into stock sysnand from Hekate.

Yes, I can boot into the original firmware or sysnand, but I can't see my games or back up my saves from there. They are only visible booting in emunand.

Last edited by luisdav,

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I can boot into the original firmware or sysnand, but I can't see my games or back up my saves from there. They are only visible booting in emunand.
I'm confused. Why would you expect to see your (presumably, backup) games on sysnand? The point of having emunand is to only hack in emunand and to keep your sysnand clean.

luisdav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm confused. Why would you expect to see your (presumably, backup) games on sysnand? The point of having emunand is to only hack in emunand and to keep your sysnand clean.
yes yes, that's what I'm talking about. I only have access to sysnand, and can't do anything to play or rescue my saves in there. I need the access to emunand, which I don't have and I need.

luisdav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
after reading a lot of posts and trying a lot of possibilities it was not possible to read previously installed games and saves under SX. I decided to stay in Atmosphere, I lost my games and saves. Now installing everything from the beginning. The best recommendation for other users: Make back ups of your saves ( I use JKSV).
Closed thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"