Black screen after injecting Payload

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by kai98yoshi, Jul 2, 2018.

1. kai98yoshi
    OP

kai98yoshi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
    Hello,

Xecuter OS doesn't start after injecting payload... The screen stays black... I have used the program TegraRCMGUI for injecting the payload....

Has anyone an idea why the OS doesn't start?

My sd card is in Exfat format and the boot.dat is in the SD's root!

Thank you for your answers!

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Do you have the driver installed for Tegra smash? Did tegra smash display “smashing the stack!”?

3. kai98yoshi
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
    I have installed the apx device driver, is it the driver you referring to?

Last edited by kai98yoshi, Jul 2, 2018
  4. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Yes. The libusbk or whatever it said to install. Maybe your download of the SX launcher payload is corrupt.

5. kai98yoshi
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
    Hopefully I won't have to reformat my sd card... Could it also be that it's my SD card's fault?

6. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    Reformat SD CARD in Windows, exFAT and put the files in windows. If that doesn't resolve the issue, press power 1 time on the Switch before injecting the payload

7. kai98yoshi
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
    Why I have to reformat my SD card? Everything of it can be read by my PC...

8. hollowtip

hollowtip Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2008
    United States
    If the card is formatted as NTFS, then the switch is unable to read that file system.

9. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    Dunno, others have indicated that if formatted by the switch itself it doesn't work but in windows it works.

10. NbAlIvEr100

NbAlIvEr100 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    United States
    I'm assuming you don't have the Pro so you don't have the Jig? Either way, when your Switch is powered off, execute your method of getting into RCM and hold the Vol+ and Power Button for about 3 seconds.....now release the Power button, but DON'T release the Vol+ and see if it will load the SX OS.

kai98yoshi likes this.
  11. kai98yoshi
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
    Thank you! It works now!

12. lifetolifeless

lifetolifeless Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2007
    United States
    i'm having the same damn problem!

I have the jig but not the dongle.

Tried the 3 second hold and didn't work

13. moeymoe

moeymoe Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2015
    Albania
    I am having the same problem, i use TegraRCMGui to load Rajnx it says payload injected but nothing happens on the switch. i am out of ideas. i have sx pro. but same problem i am doing everything you guys have said.
    i think not only do i have a defected sx pro, but something is definately up.

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If the SD card is formatted as exFAT and the console doesn't have the exFAT update installed (its as simple as checking under Support/Health & Safety to see if A or B is next to number 3), then it will black screen. Your options include using FAT32 or installing the exFAT update online by inserting an exFAT formatted SD card in OFW and downloading the update from Nintendo or using ChoiDujourNX to get exFAT offline.

15. moeymoe

moeymoe Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2015
    Albania
    When i first placed the SD card into the switch it asked to update, whenever i format the sd card using the switch it formats it with exfat.

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I already explained that using exFAT with CFW won't work unless the console has the exFAT update installed as well as the 2 main ways to obtain it. If you don't wish to use exFAT, then format the SD card from your computer instead of the Switch.

17. moeymoe

moeymoe Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2015
    Albania
    Hey man, i know i read what you said. my reply was simply saying I HAVE the update. Also when i check Support/Health & Safety i see a B next to number 3.
    what else do you suggest?

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    First of all, I don't see any reason for you to get upset over someone who is actively trying to help you. Second of all, I noticed that you're using RajNX which hasn't been updated in quite a while. In that case, I recommend using tomGER's SD files as those are more up-to-date while providing all of the features RajNX has and more.

19. moeymoe

moeymoe Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2015
    Albania
    I also want to add, i tried 2 different SD cards. still black screen after injecting payload. TergraRCMGUI, says Payload Injected!. but black screen on the switch. Ive SX OS, AND RajnX and REINX

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

LOL, im not upset.
    Thank you for your help. i do appreciate it. i think you have to admit you're the one a little confused.
    anyways, TY, really i honestly will take any ideas.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Hold on a second, when did you buy your Switch? If you haven't gotten it to load any CFW, there's a chance it is patched.