Black screen after adding a nro

2k_aj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed a tutorial () on how to homebrew the switch and it worked how it’s supposed too, but when I tried adding the AppStore or the themes ()
it boots up to the Nintendo switch logo like regular then the screen just stays black. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I followed a tutorial () on how to homebrew the switch and it worked how it’s supposed too, but when I tried adding the AppStore or the themes ()
it boots up to the Nintendo switch logo like regular then the screen just stays black. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

YouTube tutorials are outdated super easily, I highly recommend looking here:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: impeeza and 2k_aj

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

your first error was follow a youtube tutorial, they get outdated so fast. and you end trying to install old Homebrew what can go wrong.

first backup and delete your SD:/Atmosphere/contents folder, then follow a correct guide like:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

is the best and more complete guide on the wild.

do not try to "clean" anything, just make each step like is your first time and hope you don't forget to make a nand backup when you started the hacking process, if you do, DO A BACKUP NOW.

please read and understand EACH step of the guide and do no pass over none.
Post automatically merged:

that guide uses incorrect sigpatches so you will need the latest sigpatches https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ as you will be indicated on the correct guide

Reactions: SylverReZ and 2k_aj

2k_aj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YouTube tutorials are outdated super easily, I highly recommend looking here:
Thank you, I will take a look I appreciate it :)

your first error was follow a youtube tutorial, they get outdated so fast. and you end trying to install old Homebrew what can go wrong.

first backup and delete your SD:/Atmosphere/contents folder, then follow a correct guide like:

is the best and more complete guide on the wild.

do not try to "clean" anything, just make each step like is your first time and hope you don't forget to make a nand backup when you started the hacking process, if you do, DO A BACKUP NOW.

please read and understand EACH step of the guide and do no pass over none.

that guide uses incorrect sigpatches so you will need the latest sigpatches sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ as you will be indicated on the correct guide
I had no idea I'm a complete noob at this lol:wacko:. Thank you for pushing me in the right direction. I'll check it out and read the instructions very carefully. I'll let you guys know how it goes. once again thank you both:grog:

Thank you guys:bow:, I followed all the steps as carefully as I could lol. Everything that was instructed did happen and I can boot atmosphere no prob. Now for another noob question if you two don't mind. How do I get games and emulators I seen some retro emulators and even one that turns the switch into android I thought that was cool. As for themes ill follow the steps on the site again.

Dang still the same problem before I added the theme installer it booted up fine, but with it after the switch logo it stays on a black screen:sad:

Last edited by 2k_aj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things