Black Friday 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ninioautista, Nov 29, 2016.

1. ninioautista
    OP

ninioautista Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Comes with 11.0.0.33

So my only 'non hardmod' option atm is to use sky3ds+ ?
    I have no others 3ds on CFW that I can use.

What does this "If you are on 11.0.0 or 11.1.0, do NOT update to 11.2.0. A new update will be coming soon that allows for DSiWare NFIRM Downgrading without a second 3DS or hardmod for versions under 11.2.0." mean here ?

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    The only non hardmod way to pirate games on 11.0 is sky3ds+ which doesn't support newer games (sun/moon and likely mario maker). Also its better for a hardmod as you can pay $70 for someone to hardmod it for you which is 30 bucks cheaper then a sky3ds+ ($100)

That means in the future you can downgrade without a hardmod or hacked 3ds on 11.0 but no on 11.2

3. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    It means that if you want to CFW it, don't want a hardmod, and don't have (a friend with) another 3DS with CFW: don't update.
    If you go to 11.2.0, you will lose the one current possibility (though it's not released yet) to get your foot in the door.

4. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    People charging $70? Last I checked someone was doing it for peanuts on here, something like $15 with return shipping. If people really are making that much I need to get back into doing it. Crazy stuff.

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Their is a huge demand for it now. Everyone updated to 11.0 and all new 3dses are on 11.0. Hardmod is the only way to downgrade without a already hacked console

6. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    I got one of these and used my old 3DS to do the DSiware downgrade using Four Swords and it worked great. If you don't have a second 3DS then hardmod is your only choice right now.

7. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Portugal
    Oeiras
    $15 for a hardmod?
    Aren't you thinking in DSiware Downgrade?

That value doesn't even pay for the materials used, not to mention the return shipping.

And I'm sure that the modders that charge $70 for it, DO GIVE warranty on the service along with the frankenSD and a clean downgrade/install.

If you can do it cheaper with those conditions, then go on and make some Money.

HyperT likes this.
  8. Neptune

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Yea, just looked back into it. About 2-3 years ago hardmodding wasn't a widely done thing and there were a few people on here charging $15 to downgrade with return shipping. It's pretty amazing how far this has evolved.

9. ninioautista
    OP

ninioautista Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Ok so no idea when this is gonna happen right?

10. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Nobody knows for sure. If you plan to go that route, you need a homebrew entry point (easiest without another hacked 3DS is OoT3D + Powersaves, potentially free option is to look up how to DNS block a Nintendo server to get Browserhax to work on 11.0) and a compatible DSiWare game (only one hasn't yet been pulled, you'll need homebrew to access the eShop without updating).

11. Neptune

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    My suggestion is, unless you want to wait and hope something is released, send it out. Assuming your flag is correct @vb_encryption_vb is in the US

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  12. ninioautista
    OP

ninioautista Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    thanks for the tip. i'll see about pricing and go from there. i wanted the 3ds cause i assumed that using roms was a piece of cake and i wanted something inexpensive to play in the toilet (no, not kidding:P).
    if i have to spend another 80/100 bucks to do so, it just defeats the purpose.

13. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Yeah you could think of it that way but spending another 80/100 is like 2-3 full price retail games or access to the full 3DS library, it's 100% worth it in my opinion. You could always wait for slowhax but probably still another month off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. ninioautista
    OP

ninioautista Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Well i actually dont have it YET, and i checked my order and its arriving december 20th so... maybe ill have some news by then.

I agree thou, paying the same as "3 games" for hundreds of games is worth it too.

I'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

15. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    And by then slowhax might be out! Hopefully Legends of Exidia is still on the store but yeah worst case just get it hardmodded

16. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    yours came with 11.0? mine came with 11.1

not like it matters though

17. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    11.0/11.1 you still get that dank slowhax

18. ninioautista
    OP

ninioautista Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    well mine's not here yet :P so i don't know the exact fw.

looks like guy is charging 65$. so 65$ plus shipping both ways is gonna be closer to 100$ than i thought :P

maybe the hack will be out.

19. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Seems like a lot for shipping naked 3ds shouldn't weigh too much, just wrap it in some bubble wrap beforehand

20. ninioautista
    OP

ninioautista Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Welp, it looks like instead of Dec 20, i'll get it today :P so no idea what I'll do

clancy94 likes this.