Homebrew RELEASE Bitmap Printer

HookedBehemoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This program makes it so the capture button takes Bitmap images instead of compressed jpeg images.

Why? I've heard many complains about the poor quality of regular screenshots so this offers a solution for that.

Source
Release

Bitmaps will be stored in your local Album folder ( sdmc:/[optional emuMMC prefix]/Nintendo/Album/Bitmaps )

Limitations:

• Recording videos or regular screenshots don't work while this sys-module is active (ovl-Sysmodule or any other sysmodule hotswap tool is recommended)
  • This only works starting from Firmware 3.0.0+ (On lower firmware it will gracefully exit)
  • We utilize a debug call from VI which requires a new exefs patch for every version if you aren't on a dev unit (3.0.0 - 15.0.0 included)
  • All images will still be at 1280x720 even when playing docked
Support
You can support me on Patreon or ko-fi

Last edited by HookedBehemoth,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You should also add to description that all layers are showed on screenshots. Which means Tesla overlays also are on those screenshots.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
E: I'm guessing 10.0.2 won't need a new patch?
you are talking about AMS patches? unrelated to this thread, and highly a supposition by myself:
if nintendo didn't change the Loader sysmodule, AMS doesn't need to update its own Loader sysmodule either. as long as it's not updated, old patches should work.

that's unconfirmed, just my own guess!
better wait for user's report and confirmation when a new FW is released.

if the question was about Bitmap Printer new version due to HOS update, sorry about that :P

Last edited by Cyan,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you are talking about AMS patches? unrelated to this thread, and highly a supposition by myself:
if nintendo didn't change the Loader sysmodule, AMS doesn't need to update its own Loader sysmodule either. as long as it's not updated, old patches should work.

that's unconfirmed, just my own guess!
better wait for user's report and confirmation when a new FW is released.

if the question was about Bitmap Printer new version due to HOS update, sorry about that :P
Yes, about bitmap printer. It uses patches to unlock debug calls.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice to see, thanks!

E: I'm guessing 10.0.2 won't need a new patch?
Nope. 10.0.2 didn't update vi.

Reactions: Cyan

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing this also disrupts sys-dvr.
Not necessarily.
3643906ccd.jpg

Bakugo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamid.ml
XP
Country
United States
Instead of completely bypassing the album, what exactly is stopping someone from making a patch that simply changes the default jpeg quality value (90) to a higher one?

HookedBehemoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Instead of completely bypassing the album, what exactly is stopping someone from making a patch that simply changes the default jpeg quality value (90) to a higher one?

I've played around with this before and it turns out that it will only really help on lame screens. You bump into the max filesize limit very fast (500 KiB).
VI has an array internally [90.70,50,40,30,20,10]. It will try to compress the image with those values from top to bottom.
Patching that would be the best bet if you want to try that.

Released a new version where the filename is now the current date time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs