.Bik file Media Player Codec?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by vettacossx, Apr 29, 2009.

Apr 29, 2009
  1. vettacossx
    OP

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    Hey guys i had an idea....I was playing with wii scrubber and exploring my backups when i noted these .BIK files contain all the in game video cinimatics and cut scenes.....

This reminded me of the psp homebrew scene using some CODEC development tools to create a codec for Media Player Classic (as found in Klite codec pack) to play these propitiatory video formats on a PC!

So i wondered if anyone here had the skillz to achieve such a goal? be it with a PC media player or an Open sourced one like Mplayer or GeeXbox...

It would be a gr8 ferature/codec to have created [​IMG] so This is just an idea and a plea to the community to considre this!

how is this useful?

1: we could make a Vid intro for the wii using these files (like a video gameboot)

2: MODS!
    you would surely (like the mario kart texture hack or manhunt uncut) see mods of original games with NEW cutscenes ect this offers a degree of replay value even if its not distributable its worth the joy it would bring to the committed brewer!

2. Stroganoff

Newcomer Stroganoff Member

Germany
  3. vettacossx
    OP

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    HEY THATS A GOOD START! thanks for that info we also used leaked UMD TOOLS when we did this in the psp scene so i wouldnt be surprised if the tools are out there but i had no idea what i was looking for this seems like a logical place to start thanks bro!