Hacking Biggest Mistake I made for a demo...

Swing

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
336
Trophies
0
XP
616
Country
United States
So I had my 3ds at 4.5 for a year or two without touching it and then just to DL a demo cuz I was out of base I updated it to 9.0... Anyways my question here is that I wanted to give my 3DS so my fiance and use to XL I got for Xmas for us to be able to play JP games etc... I still have the receipt and should be able to return/exchance it as I was wondering if my 3DS XL is gateway compatible. It's a Blue Mario Party 3DS XL I can give you the serial number if you guys want it. Do you know if I should exchange it or not?
 

Arnold0

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2011
Messages
398
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Vire, France
Website
arnold0.com
XP
341
Country
France
With the serial you can know if it's gateway compatbile or not. Even if it's not 4.5 it'll be compatible with the new update which hopefully is soon™. You can give the serial if you want like so someone wil be able to say you if it's below 4.5 or not. Also wou can look at the wiki. But if it's sw127x or below then it's most likely 4.5
 

yuyuyup

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
3,809
Trophies
2
Location
USA MTN timezone
Website
Visit site
XP
3,251
Country
United States
People here are really quick to say "oh just wait for that 9.2" but as you should know, 9.2 sysnand will not allow future emunands. This is a major consideration, and I would certainly try to get a 4.5
 

aofelix

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2013
Messages
1,036
Trophies
0
Age
34
XP
1,229
Country
get 4.5. I have a 9.0 new 3DS XL but opted to keep my 4.5 as things aren't looking great for emunand/online access or even a quick release on 9.x

if i had to pick between the two, i'd go for a 4.5. I also emailed gateway and they said to stick with my 4.5 due to its proven stability and compatibility with practically everything.
 

N00b Smasher

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
64
Trophies
0
XP
92
Country
United States
People here are really quick to say "oh just wait for that 9.2" but as you should know, 9.2 sysnand will not allow future emunands. This is a major consideration, and I would certainly try to get a 4.5
get 4.5. I have a 9.0 new 3DS XL but opted to keep my 4.5 as things aren't looking great for emunand/online access or even a quick release on 9.x

if i had to pick between the two, i'd go for a 4.5. I also emailed gateway and they said to stick with my 4.5 due to its proven stability and compatibility with practically everything.
Downgrade to 4.x via cias?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Margen67

Nemmay

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jan 4, 2015
Messages
14
Trophies
0
XP
70
Country
United States
But I heard it's different for 3DS XL FW compatiblity settings serial #SW41001052 1

The 3DS and 3DS XL use the same firmware.. You can always check in the console's settings to see what firmware it's on; have you updated the XL? If you updated the XL when you got it, you're boned.
 

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
3,451
Trophies
2
Location
Vana'diel
XP
4,218
Country
United States
So I had my 3ds at 4.5 for a year or two without touching it and then just to DL a demo cuz I was out of base I updated it to 9.0... Anyways my question here is that I wanted to give my 3DS so my fiance and use to XL I got for Xmas for us to be able to play JP games etc... I still have the receipt and should be able to return/exchance it as I was wondering if my 3DS XL is gateway compatible. It's a Blue Mario Party 3DS XL I can give you the serial number if you guys want it. Do you know if I should exchange it or not?
If you did a nand backup, theres a guy on this forum you can send it to, and he will restore your 3ds to the nand backups version. (for a lil $ of course) He can also install a usb port so you can do it yourself in the future.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Margen67

Swing

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
336
Trophies
0
XP
616
Country
United States
It's still in the box that's why I was wondering if I should return/exchange it. Are you saying I'm good to open it? As long as I don't do anything after turning it on?
 

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2007
Messages
8,499
Trophies
2
Age
41
Location
Niedersachsen
XP
11,161
Country
Germany
Should be OK.
No matter what SN is in there, it should not have FW over 9.2.
And whenever GW decides to release FW9.2 support you would be able to use it.
Better, do not even configure a WiFi connection and you will be safe.
 

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
2,261
Trophies
1
Location
Underground
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
3,259
Country
Canada
People here are really quick to say "oh just wait for that 9.2" but as you should know, 9.2 sysnand will not allow future emunands. This is a major consideration, and I would certainly try to get a 4.5
This is not true. The 3.0 most likely will have emuNAND, just because SonyUSA didn't have it in the beta doesn't mean it won't be in the final revision. The nature of the exploit is that it is a kernel exploit, meaning emunand is almost a given.

they most likely weren't testing emunand, just the rest of the features.
 

yuyuyup

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
3,809
Trophies
2
Location
USA MTN timezone
Website
Visit site
XP
3,251
Country
United States
This is not true. The 3.0 most likely will have emuNAND, just because SonyUSA didn't have it in the beta doesn't mean it won't be in the final revision. The nature of the exploit is that it is a kernel exploit, meaning emunand is almost a given.

they most likely weren't testing emunand, just the rest of the features.
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: