Hacking Biggest developments in the past couple years?

fwb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've been away from the modding community for the last couple years. Was wondering what the biggest new developments in the past year or so have been, I don't know where to start!

I left around the time that usb loaders were reaching 100% perfection with being able to load games like metroid prime trilogy normally. What are the top few things I need to do to my wii that I've missed out on :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Waninkoko sort of left, but a team under the name of 'd2x' picked up and continued development. Check the stickies for that. metroid prime trilogy is known to play a-okay (I think all the other 'problem games' as well). :)

Modmii has gained quite some popularity as the swiss army knife tool on the PC: it can download and prepare just about anything you need, including a nice and comprehensible guide on what to do with all the downloaded things.

Dios mios (yes, the infamous gamecube games from USB) has been released a couple of days ago. There are still some early development issues on some ends (including mine), but for those who it works, it works fine. And if not that, then dios mios lite (gamecube games from SD card) is pretty much flawless as well.

I'd also give a shout out to sneek. modmii makes it a lot easier to actually create an emulated nand. neek2o (a modified variant) lets you do pretty much anything you could do on your real wii on your emulated wii instead. While not all programs work (due to cIOS not working on them), those that do are pretty good.

Postloader is a nice little gem. It started out as a decent alternative to the homebrew channel. Then it added channels (and on neek2o, simply ALL wiiware and VC runs). Then it added wii game loading. And gamecube games (a GUI for dios mios lite). And right now, you can even start gameboy, gb color, gb advanced, NES, SNES and N64 games with a click of a button.

Perhaps you know already (I dunno how long it's out), but there's a very decent media player out: wiiMC. It just plays everything.

Reactions: 4 people

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you are talking about the biggest achievement right at the top of the list it's probably DIOS MIOS for obvious reasons. Also we must not forget the homebrew sdk that is still being improved.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo realised that a few hackers out there in the Internet world were way too smart for them and their highly paid programmers and finally rolled over and gave up.

fwb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is all amazing...feel like a kid in a candy store.

If you don't mind pointing me in the right direction...it's been awhile. So I can put gamecube games in my cfg usbloader collection now...I have DIOS MIOS v2.0.wad and the iso's for my games, what do I do from there? Any good guides yet?

Thanks

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is all amazing...feel like a kid in a candy store.

If you don't mind pointing me in the right direction...it's been awhile. So I can put gamecube games in my cfg usbloader collection now...I have DIOS MIOS v2.0.wad and the iso's for my games, what do I do from there? Any good guides yet?

Thanks
Install the wad. Put your ISO's in a "USB:\games" folder. Launch DM by using one of the many DML/DM booters around (like @[member='FIX94']'s)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)