Big problem with GARCTool

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Motisma, Dec 1, 2015.

  1. Motisma
    OP

    Motisma Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    1
    Nov 29, 2015
    Hello, I have a problem : I have followed this tutorial : https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-oras-model-editing-homebrew.401501/ but instead of changing the hero's textures, I changed the pokemon's textures.
    I edited all I wanted but when I use GARCTool to have the #_.garc, It takes me 8 hours to do it instead of 3 hours max. (I have a computer with 300 GB)
    Besides, I began again this stage four or five times but that never ended :

    - I always have this error message :
    [​IMG]
    It is saying that the process of one of the textures file is already running with another application, whereas it is false, I didn't open this file neither the folder somewhere else.

    OR It stops charging without any explanation.

    I really begin to discourage, and nobody else has this problem, please could you help me and tell me what 's wrong ?

    Thank you in advance :)

    Motisma
     
  2. Motisma
    OP

    Motisma Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    1
    Nov 29, 2015
    Please :cry:
     
  3. trainboy2019

    trainboy2019 GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    4
    GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    I have seen this before. What I do is:
    Drag GARCTool into a/0/0
    Right click on 8_
    Uncheck read-only.
    Apply
    Open Garctool in a/0/0
    Don't drag the folder into the text bar, manually open it through "Open Folder"
    It usually takes about 5 hours.
    You will have to be patient.
     
    sup3rgh0st likes this.
  4. Motisma
    OP

    Motisma Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    1
    Nov 29, 2015
    Thank you very much, I test it and I will tell you the result. ^^
     
  5. trainboy2019

    trainboy2019 GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    4
    GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    Ok, I forgot to mention that after it's done, just to be safe, I drag GARCTool out of the folder. I'm not sure how Pk3DS rebuilds the romfs. Better safe than sorry!
     
  6. Motisma
    OP

    Motisma Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    1
    Nov 29, 2015
    Yes, it was what I was going to do after but thanks again ! ^^

    EDIT : I always have the same error message, I've just seen that the read-only ticked off by himself, when I begin again the stage, It is always ticked off and can't be unchecked... I don't know what to do...
    This is weird but the files inside the "8_" folder are unchecked for read-only, it is just the folder who is not unchecked ..
     
    Last edited by Motisma, Dec 3, 2015
  7. trainboy2019

    trainboy2019 GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    4
    GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    If you uncheck on the 8_ folder and hit apply, it should do it to all. I looked at your image, none of the files in mine had a .bi extension, how did you decompress it?
     
  8. Motisma
    OP

    Motisma Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    1
    Nov 29, 2015
    I decompressed it using GarcTool first, but I tryed again with a "8_" decompressed thanks to Garc Unpacker, but It doesn't work either : I have the same error message..
    Could you tell me exactly, the steps you followed to have your "8_" folder who can be recompressed ? (GarcTool or Garc Unpacker, and if you used Garc Unpacker, what boxes did you selected..)
    PS : In the screen, it is not a ".bi" file but a ".bin", the "n" is on the second sentence x)
     
    Last edited by Motisma, Dec 4, 2015
  9. trainboy2019

    trainboy2019 GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    4
    GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    I decompressed it with GARCTool and it worked, also, it shouldn't be .bin, it should be things like .147, and .164.
    The way I decompressed it was by dragging 8 into GARCTool and then clicking process.
     
  10. Motisma
    OP

    Motisma Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    1
    Nov 29, 2015
    Ok, then I am going to begin again all the stage with the instructions you gave me :)
     
  11. trainboy2019

    trainboy2019 GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    4
    GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
  12. Motisma
    OP

    Motisma Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    1
    Nov 29, 2015
    Thanks to your instructions, It worked !!
    Thank you so much for your help and for your patience! :)
     
  13. trainboy2019

    trainboy2019 GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    4
    GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    Glad I could help. :)
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice