Big Homebrew Project (tactics game)

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Marv, Feb 2, 2009.

Feb 2, 2009
  1. Marv
    OP

Newcomer Marv Advanced Member

Poland
    Hello. I was thinking about making a homebrew tactics game like Final Fantasy Tactics (but simplier). I'm able to make all graphics, write scenario and create a GDD. I need programmers... can you help me? I also need someone who will make a good music (mp3) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

About game:

tRPG
    Features:

- dialog mode (like in DS adventure games)
    - animated attacks (like in Advance Wars)
    - maybe some minigames
    - black humor [​IMG]

Plot:

The heroes are Marionovsky and his friends. They survived a nuclear attack on Mushroom Kingdom, and now, they want to revenge on mutated BĂ‚owser and StinkyGoombas who attacked them. This game could be parody of other games and movies, for example - dialogs:

StinkyGoomba: "Our bullets will block out the sun!
    Marionovsky: "Then we will fight in the shade!"

Marionovsky:"Lui! Toad! Princess! Today we dine in HELL!"

StinkyGoomba: "This is madness!"
    Marionovsky: "THIS IS MUSHROOM KINGDOM!"

2. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    woah, your graphics look awesome, even though I'm not good enough with DS programming, I can port your work to a pc game if you want [​IMG]

3. Marv
    OP

Poland
    If you're good in pc programming I think you can write apps for DS too. Take a look on tutorials on palib.info wiki [​IMG] I was working on some homebrew and commercial games (design & graphics) but my weak point is programming. I need help from you guys. Let's show that we can create a homebrew game better than commercials! xD

4. sleight

Newcomer sleight Advanced Member

Germany
    would like to help but i alrdy got problems to set a proper collision map X_x

5. Marv
    OP

Poland
    I'm sure you're gonna solve this problem [​IMG] OK. I started making graphics, I upload it here when it'll be done plus some instructions so we will be able to make a demo. How about to form up a team? Is "Team !nsane" a good name [​IMG] ?

[​IMG]

6. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    I would like to help you but I can't... I mean, I'm still learning libnds atm and I'm working on my own project (just to get started with DS developing)... However if I can suggest you... first try to have a very very very very clear idea of what you want (like, every single aspect of the game) before starting making graphics... usually graphics is the last part in game developing...

but I may be wrong [​IMG]

7. Marv
    OP

Poland
    Yeah I know, I making everything at once - Game Design Document (GDD) and graphics xD I writed that kind of docs before so I know what I need to do [​IMG] The idea of a game is a simple tactics rpg based on system like in FFT or Advance Wars, two or three kind of attacks, animations and dialogs. Minigames are optional.

8. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    lol so a non programmer wants to start a project.
    these ideas fails most of the time.