Homebrew Big Homebrew Project (tactics game)

Marv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hello. I was thinking about making a homebrew tactics game like Final Fantasy Tactics (but simplier). I'm able to make all graphics, write scenario and create a GDD. I need programmers... can you help me? I also need someone who will make a good music (mp3)
smile.gif

74748962bw6.jpg

About game:

tRPG
Features:

- dialog mode (like in DS adventure games)
- animated attacks (like in Advance Wars)
- maybe some minigames
- black humor
smile.gif

Plot:

The heroes are Marionovsky and his friends. They survived a nuclear attack on Mushroom Kingdom, and now, they want to revenge on mutated BÂowser and StinkyGoombas who attacked them. This game could be parody of other games and movies, for example - dialogs:

StinkyGoomba: "Our bullets will block out the sun!
Marionovsky: "Then we will fight in the shade!"

Marionovsky:"Lui! Toad! Princess! Today we dine in HELL!"

StinkyGoomba: "This is madness!"
Marionovsky: "THIS IS MUSHROOM KINGDOM!"

Marv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
If you're good in pc programming I think you can write apps for DS too. Take a look on tutorials on palib.info wiki
smile.gif
I was working on some homebrew and commercial games (design & graphics) but my weak point is programming. I need help from you guys. Let's show that we can create a homebrew game better than commercials! xD

Marv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I'm sure you're gonna solve this problem
smile.gif
OK. I started making graphics, I upload it here when it'll be done plus some instructions so we will be able to make a demo. How about to form up a team? Is "Team !nsane" a good name
smile.gif
?

logoteamfx7.png

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I would like to help you but I can't... I mean, I'm still learning libnds atm and I'm working on my own project (just to get started with DS developing)... However if I can suggest you... first try to have a very very very very clear idea of what you want (like, every single aspect of the game) before starting making graphics... usually graphics is the last part in game developing...

but I may be wrong
wink.gif

Marv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah I know, I making everything at once - Game Design Document (GDD) and graphics xD I writed that kind of docs before so I know what I need to do
smile.gif
The idea of a game is a simple tactics rpg based on system like in FFT or Advance Wars, two or three kind of attacks, animations and dialogs. Minigames are optional.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1