Beyond the Labyrinth 3DS Trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Konami held a brief press conference today. They have a brand new game coming to the Nintendo 3DS called Beyond the Labyrinth. Described as being very "Ico-like" in terms of visuals and areas, it's a joint effort between Konami and Tri Ace. The press conference yielded a very brief first glimpse at the game in motion. Beyond the Labyrinth is described as a dungeon crawler RPG. Though that is basically the extent of what we know about the gameplay. You seem to control the girl, but at times she also seems to acknowledge you as the player, speaking directly to you through the screen and even taking hold of your perspective to shift your attention to a part of an area she's in. The battle system (if any) remains to be seen at all. So as of now, just enjoy the very brief glimpse at the game's attractive art and pretty visuals. Beyond the Labyrinth has no release date for any region as of yet. It is expected to be playable at next month's Tokyo Game Show however. Expect some more information and perhaps more gameplay by then (and hopefully a release date). Stay tuned! [/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't really say much, just a girl saying "Let's go!!!1!" about 20 times but by the time I realized it I was already more than halfway through the translation so I decided to finish it. Enjoy
wink.gif

CODE0:02 [girl's voice]
????? Hello?

0:03 [on-screen text]
?????????? Did someone just call me?

0:04 [girl's voice]
???????? Is anyone there?

0:07 [on-screen text]
????????????? So someone DID call me?

0:09 [girl's voice]
????????? Well, shall we go?

0:11 [on-screen text]
???????? Where!?

0:12 [girl's voice]
????????? Alright then, we're off!

0:14 [on-screen text]
???????????? Will you tell me where we're going!?

0:15 [girl's voice]
????????????? It looks like we can go through here!

0:18 [on-screen text]
??????? Yeah, where does it lead?

0:19 [girl's voice]
?????????????? There's no point in worrying about it, right?

0:21 [on-screen text]
???????? Uh, this is serious.

0:23 [girl's voice]
???????????????? Look, look! There's a path that continues above!

0:26 [on-screen text]
?????????? Anyway, shall we go?

0:28 [girl - in front of stairs]
???????????????????? Well...alrighty, let's go now!

0:33 [girl - running]
????????? I'm going...

0:36 [large on-screen text]
?????? A magnificent world
?????? stretches out underground.

0:36 [girl]
?????????? ...to a bright future!

0:38 [large on-screen text]
?????? A mysterious girl
????? in a labyrinth.

0:42 [large on-screen text]
????? A mystery-filled
????? adventure.

0:43 [girl]
???????? It--it's shaking!

0:45 [on-screen text]
????????? We're going...together?

0:48 [girl]
?????????? I'll be the leader, OK?

0:51 [large on-screen text]
???????? Beyond the Labyrinth

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Dungen crawler in 3D!(As in 3D models etc....) GIEF! But it looks like some kind of exploring game which invovles puzzle. Oh well cant expect any fighting here. I do love puzzle games though!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReBirFh said:
unsure.gif
lol how can anyone get a Ico vibe from this? ...maybe you only know ico through videos
I agree personally for the most part, but that's what others have said (go read some other sites, several have compared it to Ico). There's a thread on Neogaf where lots of people are comparing it to Ico... I think it's just the large and detailed ruin environment that remind people of it. It's a lot more colorful than Ico for one though, and more cartoony. Ico is a more realistic looking game. But as far as we know, it could end up playing like Ico. For lack of better information, all we have to go on is basically "dungeon crawler".

The newer trailer is more bright and quirky than the earlier screens suggest. They changed the lighting somewhat from earthy colors to sort of a bluish hue. Anyways, it was very nice just seeing the game in motion for the first time. I'm glad that it looks even better in motion (imo), very smooth framerate with large and detailed environments.

EDIT- BTW, i forgot to mention the music is being done by Motoi Sakuraba. He did Golden Sun, Tales series, etc. That's pretty sweet IMO (i'm a bit of a fanboy of his music, though i realize some people don't like his stuff).

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe Ico was one of the first bigger titles with emphasis on exploring an atmospheric world and not so much on battle.
Maybe that's why this seems similar.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
The lack of anti-aliasing is killing me, though.
This. I really like how it looks in general (it looks great in motion, specially after just looking at screenies for quite some time) but the aliasing feels weird...

Although this is Tri-Ace so I expect good things(:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.