Hardware Better wifi module

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
is possible to get better wifi module by replacing an acer extensa 5235 wifi module? if so which one?

this isnt my main laptop. but i use it for travel and what not. I've replaced the storage to SSD and maxed the out RAM too.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello. 1111xmas_wink.gif

is possible to get better wifi module by replacing an acer extensa 5235 wifi module? if so which one?

this isnt my main laptop. but i use it for travel and what not. I've replaced the storage to SSD and maxed the out RAM too.

Maybe a USB WiFi Dongle works also for you.
I can not recommend a Special Brand.Personal I only use some from TP Link.
But I also have one from "China" that works also very well.:)
I am pretty sure you can disable the integrated WiFi with an Button or Slider.

Last edited by Alexander1970,
D

Deleted User

if it uses mini pcie then maybe, you'd have to look around on ebay or something for one, i'd suggest the intel cards that support 5ghz, maybe look into an Intel 7620 card

edit: they're still sold on amazon apparently, but i have no idea how to browse it properly

Last edited by ,

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Hello.View attachment 239000

Maybe a USB WiFi Dongle works also for you.
I can not recommend a Special Brand.Personal I only use some from TP Link.
But I also have one from "China" that works also very well.:)
I am pretty sure you can disable the integrated WiFi with an Button or Slider.

thank you. but i dont want to carry extra stuff hardware. but i understand where you coming from tho.

if it uses mini pcie then maybe, you'd have to look around on ebay or something for one, i'd suggest the intel cards that support 5ghz, maybe look into an Intel 7620 card

do you mean this? 7260

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Product Specifications

would it work?

D

Deleted User

thank you. but i dont want to carry extra stuff hardware. but i understand where you coming from tho.

do you mean this? 7260

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Product Specifications

would it work?
it should, according to brief searches that's supposed to be the best/last half height mini pcie wifi card
personally i've been in the market to get myself a couple lately, since all my laptops have utter trash tier wifi cards that only support 2.4ghz at like 20mbps

D

Deleted User

Reactions: Flame

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that looks like the shadiest listing ever, it says it supports wifi 6, then it says it supports wifi 5, then it says it supports 3000mbps, then it says it only supports 864 max, then it supports bluetooth 5, and says it supports bluetooth 4.2

i wouldn't trust that as far as i could throw it
Most modern wireless cards come with BT. This card comes with Wifi 6 and BT 5 (technically, LMP 10 = BT 5.1). Wifi 6's theoretical top speed is 3Gbps = 3000Mbps.
IMG_20201222_212625.jpg
What's confusing is that there's a 2nd product being listed with it. Its top speed maxes out at 867Mbps, and has BT 4.2, but is also cheaper.

Last edited by zfreeman,
Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

Most modern wireless cards come with BT. This card comes with Wifi 6 and BT 5 (technically, LMP 10 = BT 5.1). Wifi 6's theoretical top speed is 3Gbps = 3000Mbps. What's confusing is that there's a 2nd product being listed with it. Its top speed maxes out at 867Mbps, and has BT 4.2, but is also cheaper.
i guess it must be my bias, but i don't really trust anything coming off of aliexpress, especially for something that would go inside my computer, unless it's a fan or something

Reactions: SAIYAN48

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte