Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well,
unsure.gif
The best Zelda game is... Ocarina of Time.
yay.gif

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm torn between majora's mask and oracle of ages. Both are very very very good games, but my vote has to go towards ages.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Of course people are going to say OoT. I love OoT, don't get me wrong, but a little overrated IMO.

A Link to The Past was there to raise me as a child. I'd say Majora's Mask as a close second, and OoT in third if I could but LTTP was the one that shaped my childhood as a young gamer the best.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
You asshole, you forgot the CDI games. They are Zelda games too, you know...

and the original Four Swords, for that matter. It is kinda a separate, full game too...

Anyways, I liked the Game Boy iterations (Orcales, Link's Awakening) and Majora's Mask. I also like Ocarina of Time but Majora's Mask was always more of a challenge for me.

My LEAST favorite would have to be Link II.

EDIT: Nevermind, Four swords it there lol.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and also, you forgot the Satelleview broadcast games (there were like, 4 of them), the Game & Watch game, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, Tingle's Balloon Fight, Link's Crossbow Training, and Ocarina of Time: Master Quest.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I played through Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.
I hated the first two. Loved the next two and really liked the last one.

Now between OoT and MM...that's tough. But as a personal opinion, I'll go with Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask was better objectively though. Technically better, a deeper story, different side stories. NPCs had more personality. It was better overall, but I found to like OoT better, I don't know why. And no, it's not the nostalgia factor since I played them one after the other and both have the same nostalgic weight on me.

Still, I won't vote until I play the ones I'm missing! Which I'll be Let's Playing once I have my shit ready.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I gotta say LoZ: A Link to The Past. I haven't played every game yet but between the entire GBA collection I had, OoT and MM, and Link's awakening... This would definitely be my answer.

D

Deleted_171835

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game, IMO. I had loads of fun playing it when I was younger.

TBH, I've never played Ocarina of Time. The 3DS remake will be my first time playing it.

I had quite a lot of fun with Spirit Tracks. It's one of my favourite Zelda games. Phantom Hourglass was excruciatingly boring, though.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've played and beat every zelda game releaed (including the cd-i games which you didn't include in the poll). there are also some really GREAT zelda hacks and fan made games that should have been included in the list.

i think this is more of an age question. people my age started with the original zelda and when a link to the past came out we saw what zelda wanted to be but didn't have the technology for at the time. everything after that has been fun but a link to the past is by far the best.

-another world

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i think this is more of an age question. people my age started with the original zelda and when a link to the past came out we saw what zelda wanted to be but didn't have the technology for at the time. everything after that has been fun but a link to the past is by far the best.

-another world

Hate to agree, but couldn't have put it better myself. A Link to the Past was hands down the best.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:

-another world

THIS. The classics are what I grew up with, so really, they left a huge impression on me... Albeit I am not THAT old but I grew up with the older titles. Too bad Link II still sucks. At least, in the end, it's better than Simon's Quest.
happy.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
with zelda II you have to consider what type of RPG/action games were coming out at the time. i think its a great answer to a zelda themed game for the times, but its not a traditional zelda game. it is still really fun to play.

oh and i happen to really love simon's quest. that day into night thing doesn't bug me. once you know what to do the game is really short and that makes it a bit more fun.

a link to the past also innovated many of the things used in later zelda games. that is something to consider when casting your vote.

-another world

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
with zelda II you have to consider what type of RPG/action games were coming out at the time. i think its a great answer to a zelda themed game for the times, but its not a traditional zelda game. it is still really fun to play.

oh and i happen to really love simon's quest. that day into night thing doesn't bug me. once you know what to do the game is really short and that makes it a bit more fun.

a link to the past also innovated many of the things used in later zelda games. that is something to consider when casting your vote.

-another world

I tried to play all the way through Simon's Quest, but I never got into it. I got all the way to the end and the castle design and obscene ways to progress really irritated me since i was little (HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DAMN ORB AND THE WALL?!?!?). I feel like it could have been more enjoyable with a few tweaks (like Zelda II).

I much prefer Castlevania III, and it's BS amount of stairs.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse